For girls (or guys) who were/are nannies: Do/did you miss the children you used to look after?

Mary Poppins was on the television just now and it got me thinking. For any of you out there who used to be (or still are) a nanny, do you miss the children you used to look after? Did you get attached to the children? Did you love them as your own? How do you feel now after seeing them grow up and living their own lives?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to nanny for 2 little girls, ages 5 and 9 months. I watched them until they were 8 and 2 and I only stopped because I moved away. I miss them all the time! I used to take them out to eat and take them to the park and the 2 year old called me "mama" sometimes. They were like my own children.

I saw them last week because I was home for Christmas, and the 2 year old didn't seem to remember me (although it's hard to tell). The 8 year old was thrilled... she always got excited when I came over. :) Now they even have a third little baby. I got them all stuff for Christmas and I still think of them as my pseudo-children.

What Girls Said 4

• Like very bad tooth ache

• I use to babysit but never got attached to the kids

• no good riddance

• i was a nanny and yeah I do miss the kids I used to baby sit. I didn't love them as my own but it was pretty close.

What Guys Said 1

• An ex girlfriend of mine is a nanny. She really liked some of the kids she used to look after, and made Xmas presents/visited them from time to time.