Why do females spend tons of money on skincare to look younger but wear make-up which makes us look older?

I have been wondering about this because I find that the fastest and cheapest way for most women to look younger is not to wear make-up.Most women look a bit older with a bit of make-up on and the reason why I wear make-up is to look older for my job.

So women spend so much on cleansers,toners,moisturisers,ant-wrinkle creams,eye creams,scrubs,masks,skin supplements like collagen to look younger but at the same time wear lots of make-up which makes most women look older,Do you think this is contradicting?Thanks for sharing :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women don't consciously try to look older, of course, but they want to look stylish, so they wear make-up like models, actresses, singers...They don't mind the fact that they look older if they can look like those women.

What Guys Said 5

• Because they both cost money...

• we give you mascara you want?:P

• I expect.

• link is this the tornado you play with

• Nothing that women do is ever based on logic.

• I actually see that as contradicting but I can only say is that they just try and make they're whole skin to all look smooth. Make up just gives them a chance to make them look better.

Agree. A lot of women feel more self-confident and attractive with make-up. Meanwhile different cosmetology procedures ( like those from http://mediluxe.ca/en/ ) just make them really beautiful, younger and good looking.

• They are living a double life.

• I don't think it makes them look older I thinking simply is applied too much

What Girls Said 9

• Not really... make up itself makes your skin appear smooth and flawless but it would be a shame to take your make up off and see a face looking back at you which is the opposite. A good skincare system will help make your skin look good without make up. Some girls such as myself who wear make up, still have a good skin and have nothing to hide , but we just enjoy make up and feel like it gives us a confidence boost and brings out our best features similar to getting a flattering hair cut, wearing flattering clothes, changing your hair color etc. Besides, bad skin can sometimes make your make up look bad and on older women make up can make them look younger because their skin will look create the impression that it's smooth and these days you get foundations specifically designed for older skin which makes your wrinkles smoother.

• i think they are already used to putting on make up since young. like my girlfriend, she told me that she is already used to it and she can't go out without make up. also she is using make up to cover the pores to prevent pollutants sipping into the pores and to cover her blemishes.

even though women spent a lot of money on good skincare but many still can't achieve the good skin condition..

for myself, I don't like to use make up, the only must have is sunblock. I still go out without make up, the maximum I would do is to put on mascara

• If worn correctly and the best formula is used, makeup can make an older woman look younger. You're probably seeing poor formula choices or poor application which makes them look older. A moisturizing bb cream and cream blush can bring life to tired, dry or wrinkled skin. Wearing no makeup makes most middle aged people look a bit older or quite tired so I wouldn't recommend the no makeup approach to a woman wanting to look better. Look at celebrities in their 40's and 50's who wear makeup. They always have a dewy look, which is what older women should go for with makeup. Too much powder or eyeliner emphasizes wrinkles and that is what will make someone look older.

• Because properly done makeup doesn't make people look older, and expensive skincare products won't make someone look younger

Once the damage is done, it's done. All you can do is prevent damage and hope your genes are fine. Most girls who go without makeup look a mess

• i think one can enhance her look with makeup.. I mean look at the celebrities most of them look better with makeup. it is not all about looking young but also looking attractive imo :)

• I don't even know why this shit happens.

I look like I am a 15 year old no matter what I do.

• Simple! They are ugly if they don't wear makeup!

• You mean to look good?

• Trying to turn back the clock is battle. If that battle includes spending a boat load of money, they you can count me in. No one wants to look old, men included. Wearing make does make you look older, which is why many women opt out of the stuff.