Tucking in shirt while wearing jeans. yay or no?

so I've just asked out a girl I've known for a while for her birthday. we'll be dining at a somewhat nice place, she says she'll choose a place. (date I think? haha)

so I'm planning on wearing a nice shirt and jeans. now I'm kinda inclined on tucking in with jeans cos I thought it would look nice. but I'm under the impression only old guys do that, namely my dad haha. and I used to laugh at him for that.

also I don't want to make it seem I'm trying really hard to impress her on this birthday celebration with her. this is the first time a guy asked her out on her bday too.

so girls or guys.. any fashion tips on not trying to look over the top haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• No! Please don't tuck in your shirt.

What Girls Said 4

• As you were planning, wear a nice shirt and jeans but DO NOT tuck in lol

• Yeah

• OMG, HELL NO. DON'T!

• DO NOT DO IT

What Guys Said 3

• only for very VERY formal occasions you should tuck it your shirt. Weddings, business meetings, maybe job interviews, etc. If you were to tuck in your shirt in the general public, you'd look like a nerd.

• Only looks good on some builds.

• Sometimes I tuck the front few inches in to my jeans so you can see my belt buckle and part of my belt.