Which would you prefer to wear to a formal occasion?

Would you wear pantyhose or stockings and garters? Tell me why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being a hosiery junkie, I do love both, so which one I'd choose would be based on how short my dress would be. If the dress was somewhere around the knee or longer, I'd go with stockings and garters. If it was a higher hemline, then I'd opt for pantyhose, so as not to freak people out. It is for a formal occasion, after all.

What Guys Said 1

• I am a guy but I think that for any formal/professional occasion a girl should always have her legs covered. Michelle gave a great answer, it really does depend on the dress length. Though I think stockings and garters with a short skirt/dress would be sexy as hell.

What Girls Said 5

• I probably wouldn't wear garters to a formal event but that's just me. Thin panty hose/nylons seems more appropriate.

• Stockings with a garter belt, I like them better because when I wear pantyhose it always makes the top part of my legs itchy, plus I feel a little more sexy with the stockings and garter

• Bare legs for me, I have very nice legs and I keep them in top condition, lol. Besides, it gets too hot in South Florida for any kind of hosiery, at least for me.

• heels and dress

• I never wear garters because they are hard to find and out dated.