In which way do your looks have an impact on your life?

I generally think people at the both ends of the beauty spectrum have it the hardest. What's your experience? Do people judge you and treat you different by the way you look?

Most Helpful Girl

• At my workplace, there are two uniforms: Manager (Tucked in polo shirt and black or khaki pants) and Associate (Same as manager, but add an apron and a hat). Sometimes, I don't wear the apron and hat because the manager on duty is very lax about it and I always get so much more respect from customers (note that my workplace is located in a classy hotel, so often we have very stuck up and rude customers). So yes, I do think that how you're treated depends on appearance, unfortunately. I think it's like 60 percent appearance and 40 percent attitude (level of confidence and such).

Here's another example if you feel like reading: When I got to Target, I don't really worry about how I look, so I often just go in sweats and no makeup with my hair in a bun. When I'm checking out, the employee is usually pretty monotoned with me. But whenever I stop to pick up something on the way home from going out, (so I'm dressed nicely and all done up and everything) the employees are always much happier around me and such.

What Guys Said 3

• Was really fat, lost weight.

Yes, people treat you very different. It gives you a sort of...clarity about the nature of human beings.

• Um.. I guess it's nice being appealing to some people. It definitely fills me with confidence and some conviction that I could still make a fool out of myself and still have some leeway. Besides those occasions I don't really think about it much.

• Because I was sexually abused growing up I have always had TERRIBLE self image and self esteem. I cut my body a lot in the past and just looking at my body sometimes upset me I don't know why the abuse affected me in that way.

What Girls Said 7

• All of my life, I have gotten along better with guys than girls. I find girls are "catty", and most of them were very jealous of my good looks and hot body. I have accepted this through my life, but still find it insulting. However, when I went to Egypt to meet my "now" husband for the first time, everyone there treated me like Princess Diana, so honored and excited to have me there because I was the first American to ever visit them in their village. Goes to show you there is truly a difference in people---especially girls.

• At school I wasn't really noticed and I kinda dug that. I was suuuuper skinny, flat as a board and just awkward. I eventually filled out.

Now, on rare occasions I get "perks" of being somewhat attractive, but for the most part I don't notice much difference. My body makes me the subject of some overtly sexual attention (curvy, tall, big boobs) but it's not a big deal.

• hmmm...

I wouldn't really know. Because my life has always been this way. I wouldn't know if looks affected it tbh.

I wouldn't even know if I have special treatment or not.

• I either attract guys who are so much older than me or so much younger than me.When I say so much younger or so much older,I mean the age difference is at least 10 years.The impact is that it is so confusing and so hard to believe.

• school: was a nobody & bullied for being short (5,3), having long straight healthy hair naturally and never wearing make up. I was awkward and told I was really ugly as they always made nasty comments.

after school: guys trying to get to know me just treated me as a piece of meat, random guys try to grab my butt in the city centre or call out horrible objectifying things like hey babe nice legs you can wrap them around me any time or they call me a slut or bitch if I turn them down politely after approaching me this way. if I had a boyfriend or was in a conversation with a group of mainly guys id be patronised and told they were talking about things way over my head or to keep quiet as I wouldn't know anything about the things being discussed despite how smart I actually am and if I made good points.

ive been told by guys all I'm good for is a live sex doll and other girls that don't even know me that I'm just a dumb bland bitch with no personality whose looks will fade one day and then I won't be able to gold dig anyone (probably to feel better about themselves as I do have a personality and they never even spoke directly to me or had seen me before, just made loud comments from the next table)

my best friend makes bitchy comments about my weight and calls me an anorexic blonde bimbo guys only like for my looks, I'm 5,3 and 112lbs curvy so I'm proportionate and I eat like a starved wolf so I know she's just saying it to put me down.

i think ugly people have it worst as they have to go through bullying, rejection and disgusted looks everywhere they go unless they have plastic surgery. I thought I was ugly for years at school and was physically beaten up, verbally abused, life was so crappy I just couldn't wait to be an adult and keep my head down the rest of my life so I could go to work and come home instead of have to deal with people

• It's everything for females, doesn't matter how smart she is the looks is still how females are judged by everybody even their own families.

I think attractive people do not have it hard because they can always tone it down that is easy.

An unattractive person can never really do anything except for massive plastic surgery which is expensive and sometimes doesn't go right at all.

• Not much, I just get free food because of my looks.

• lol! I am still every man's dream of a "booty call"...lol!