Is it shallow for me not to like a girl because of her teeth?

Lol she has a good personality, she looks cute in some pictures but others she looks so different body and face wise..but her teeth are like yellowish and are really crooked looking. I don't wanna seem like a picky bitch but just the thought of making out and whatnot disturbs me slightly...

lol and on top of it all now she is trying to make me jealous because I've barely been talking to here the last couple days. Ever since yesterday all she's been talking about is one of her ex's coming back into town from Indiana and he is going to take her to the mall and a movie? Idgaf lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Dealing with the same problems with my boyfriend. He has braces, and his teeth are literally turning yellow and black. I don't know what to do anymore, it bothers me so much.

I'm already a year into the relationship, so it's not like it'll be easy to break up.

I don't think it's shallow. This day and age, dental hygiene is easy to keep up with.

What Girls Said 8

• You are probably at the age where things like that DO bother you, so of course, it is natural to feel like this. So move on and find someone who doesn't have the "Igor look." However, someday, as you get older, you will meet someone whom you will accept UNCONDITIONALLY, and who will also love you for yourself. When that happens, "the thought of making out and whatnot will not disturb you slightly." In essence, that is what true love is all about.

• Do they look yellowish only/more in the pictures and not in person? Because that can be because of the lighting. I have white teeth, but depending on the lighting they can look a bit darker and almost yellow. Otherwise, no, I don't think you're being too shallow. However, if you did like her 100%, minor stuff like that wouldn't really bother you. Unless she has a bad breath too. Then I would understand completely.

• Hmm... I don't blame you, she can't help the crookedness of her teeth (unless she gets braces), but she can at least brush her teeth to get the yellow stain away :/ I wouldn't say it's 'shallow', because it can actually tell you that she doesn't really take care of herself and making out would be even worse if she had a bad breath. Don't worry, there's plenty more fish in the sea with, well, clean teeth :)

• I wouldn't judge you for it.. It's OK for you to be not attracted to that trait. If it's a deal breaker for you it's a deal breaker. I would just wonder if you're missing out on a great relationship or not. It's all in your hands though

• Nope

• Slip her some pearl drops mate.

• I have the same exact problem with a guy, but the yellowing on his teeth is extreme. Don't mind the crookedness so much. But...there's also some sort of film or something inbetweeen his teeth too. It runs in his family from what I can gather from pictures.

He's somebody I could easily spend the rest of my life with, but I can't get over it so I have never given him a chance! :(

• LOL I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

I wouldn't date a man who had more gums than teeth.

link

• lol fucking l, thank you for the laugh but yeah its just the fact that my tongue and everything is going to be in there and id be so afraid id gag if her teeth touched my tongue..

What Guys Said 1

• No you're right! Bad teeth are a deal breaker these days!There's no excuse for yellow teeth seen as though toothpaste is very cheap.