Guys are you more uncomfortable around girls with an elegant, chic style?

Most of the time I don't leave the door without looking well put together, my style is a lot like Kate Middleton link Guys are always acting like a gentleman towards me... They try to help me in every way etc but they won't really start a conversation. But today I went in my gym clothes to the store guys weren't behaving like gentlemen but they were much more open towards me. It seems like when I'm dressed really elegant guys notice me more but they are more intimidated and too uncomfortable to start a conversation, is this true?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed the same thing! Also, some of the guys who got to know me and became friends with me revealed that they were intimidated by how "put together" I was at first, even though they were attracted to me and actually liked my style.

What Guys Said 7

• Well I don't think I act like that, but that might be that I've been raised in an environment where most women where always looking "well put together" like you said. But sure if a woman looks like that, men can be intimidated, if, for example, they don't think they'd be able to hold an entertaining conversation with you. An appearance like that can make you seem like a "high class lady" and as such they might assume that you are a sort of snobbish or stuck up or something.

• Because if you are dressed in a way which makes you LOOK like you have money, guys think you do, and a lot of the time they think you are out of their league! It's a good thing though, because then when a guy does manage to get you he will feel proud and will RESPECT you.

• Yes we are afraid of elegantly dressed girls because we think they are very wealthy and feel as though we have inadequate financial status to pursue or have any relations with you.

The only girls I am even slightly intimidated by are the very wealthy ones.

• I am uncomfortable around girls in general, regardless of how they are dressed.

• Nope not true.

• Not for me but I prefer her to be wearing lingerie when I'm talking to her.

• People will always be treated differently depending on how they are dressed. If you dress like an upscale lady, then it makes sense people will be more likely to treat you that way. Getting rejected hurts. Most guys like to evaluate their risk of being rejected before approaching a woman, and more upscale dressed women have a reputation for having higher standards. So the guys figure they don't have a shot, so why bother.

What Girls Said 2

• no offense but kate middleton dresses stuffy and old womanish. I don't know why any woman under 35 would choose to dress like that.

• Most men are not worth it girl.