What's the definition of a skimpy bikini top?

Why is Paris Hilton's bikini considered skimpy in this photo?

link

I understand the difference between skimpy and normal bikini bottoms, but I just can't tell the difference between bikini tops.

Can someone tell me the difference between a normal string bikini top and a skimpy string bikini top?

I bought one recently and found out it is a brazilian design which is considered the sexiest style. Well what about it makes it sexy?

I am not sure about being too exposed on the beach.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think her top is skimpy. Maybe if she had bigger boobs then it would look that way. I guess what I consider skimpy is when they're too small for their breasts, when it looks like they're spilling out of the top, when you can see the underboob, etc.

Examples:

link (ok they're obviously not sprawling everywhere but it is just barely covering her nipples

link

link

link (well I don't really think this is skimpy, I guess she can't help it, her boobs are just big. I would rock it anyway if I had her body. I would say this is a good kind of skimpy?)

but yes, a small size makes them look skimpy

• Thanks for the detailed answer! So would you say that if it covers less than half of the boob it is considered skimpy?

• yeah I would say that's a good proportion

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it is to skimpy, I think it is fine for the beech. It is not bad for girls to look hot, especially at the beach. (although I don't think Hilton looks that great) I think what would be to exposed is if you could see the total circle of her breast. At least one side should be partly covered.

Thanks for the question there was a good discussion. And sorry do not know abou Brazilian style

• I think it looks pretty standard for a bikini top. This is skimpy, IMO

link

• Uhhhh ya that's skimpy lol

• Yep that is. But what kind of a bikini top would you guys consider more sexy than the usual? Is one that covers less than half of the boobs considered MORE sexy than normal?

• Because it doesn't fit her. She bought it smaller than what she should have, to make it look skimpy (sexy)

• Because it sell papers or magazines to people like you that wounder about headlines like that?

• Wicked weasel has skimpy bikinis.

• It looks normal to me

What Girls Said 3

• Whoa, in that photo she looks like she has man legs.

I don't think its skimpy.

The only ones that look so to me are the thong bikinis.

What she is wearing looks normal.

• Thanks! But what to you then is the difference between a brazilian bikini top and a regular one?

• Nothing, they look pretty much the same to me.

• It's pretty much a different way to refer to the same item.

• I think it's fine. I feel a bikini top being skimpy doesn't necessarily (unless deliberately cut as so) depend on the bikini top in & of itself so much as the person that's wearing it. Now please hear me out, I'm not saying someone's unattractive or anything like that. However, what looks "normal" on one body type may look skimpy on another. I had to give my Victoria's Secret top to my roommate who had B cups, because the thing looked skimpy on my awkward DDs, whereas it looked perfectly normal on her.

I think Paris is fine in that pic, I was expecting worse when you said skimpy, lol.

• So its all about proportion? Aka the size of the bikini top/triangles to the size of your boobs?

• I was actualy surprised to see she doesn't look like a stick in this pic she actually looks a little healthier now. I don't think the bikini top is that bad. It's not something I would wear but I don't think she looks horrible in it

• I know! She has a little bit of a belly in that pic (it's probably more so muscle), but it's lovely regardless.