Are your standards realistic?

Take a look at yourself. Who you are and your accomplishments. Now look at the criteria you have for a partner. Are they realistic for you? Will it be easy or difficult to find a suitable partner

• Yes-
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I feel like my standards are pretty realistic. But I think it'll be difficult to me to find someone to be with long-term, due to the fact that I actually very rarely click extremely well with other people.

• Why do you think you can't find someone to really click with?

• Because it doesn't happen often. Has only happened a few times.

What Girls Said 5

• I have accomplished a lot during my years of dating, and have had my "cream of the crop' and also, "problem child guys" as well. My best accomplishment, was when I was on Facebook and my husband of now, found me and fell in love with me and asked me to come to Egypt to marry him. That was 3 years ago. Although we are in a long distance relationship and have had many "ups and downs" in our marriage, we have learned to iron things out, learn more about one another, and have now decided, as our love grew even MORE for one another, and with nurturing this "fairy tale fantasy" as some people may call it, we both are ready to start a new future together---not over here(Visa is hard), but over in Egypt(We have been married since 2012). I am planning sometime to go back over this year, and even right now, he has a new opportunity in front of him to travel to Dubai and work on a work visa for the next 2 years. He wants me to visit him, if he does end up going, and with this as well, will give us a chance to see if maybe we may end up there permanently..or back in Egypt with his family. All I know is this "accomplishment" was the best for me, the best "offer" in my life---and something I am "suitable for--and with my suitable partner." Perhaps people who read this will think my situation and--me--are far from "realistic,' but I have done this, have been there, and, although it sounds like something from a "fairy tale book," this is as "real" as it gets.:))

• I would say that I don't have "standards", if anything, I think I can name some traits that are a pattern in the guys I see "this way". They are usually very driven, active, witty and ambitious, very much the doer type, as well as stressed and painfully self-conscious. I think it's just because my personality type complements them very well, as I'm contemplative, spiritual (but not religious), smart and caring, so that I can get energised by them and they can find peace of mind with me. I wouldn't say these are my "standards" though, I just like to say I look for a person who completes me. So yeah, I don't think it's unrealistic at all.

• Yes, I believe so. I really don't care very much about success and all that - I just want a guy that has some drive. I have to be attracted to him and his personality, but I don't think that's too much to ask.

• Definitely not realistic.

• I think my standards are realistic because I have a boyfriend.

What Guys Said 7

• Absolutely. I actually look more at a person's motives then the whole "standards" deal. Even as a guy who works out at the gym a lot, I don't expect the girl to be a supermodel at all. The amount of girls I see obsessing over little details can alarm me sometimes. Just because a girl can pinch a little bit of fat is not a big deal to me.

I am however cautious of girls living with their parents as I see many do attempt to sneak into a partner's home. I live in a studio so I technically don't have to worry about a girl "sneaking in" as there is no room. But just because she does live at home, if I do see she's not interested in moving out I may not be interested in her.

I do expect her to pay her own bills at my age and time though. I see many couples rushing into things getting into trouble. Couples are sharing cell phone plans and breaking up. Signing each others' things and getting their credit potentionally hurt. Moving in within a few months. These things alarm me.

So yeah, I don't consider this kinda stuff unrealistic. I'm the type to be looking more for the little signs of care and consideration. A simple "how are you" is enough to make me like her.

• Hell no.

• I can see now they were WAY unrealistic when I was younger. Now they're realistic, I don't have a "check list" that most women have.

• Easy as fuck

• My idealized standards? They aren't exactly that high, lol.

1. Pretty cute. (nice face, decent fitness)

2. Russian/Ukrainian accent. (partially kidding, haha)

3. Not a slut or crazy

And that's pretty much it...

• yes of course :)

• A nice girl that I find attractive that's also over 21 y/o and is inexperienced? No way.

• Does the idea of your girl being sexual with other guy(s) in the past intimidate you that much?

• Intimidate? lol, no. If wanting a girl who is on the same level of experience as me means I'll be forever alone then so be it. So be it.