Anyone know how to create v shape in neck area when wearing button down shirt?

i need the shirt to part so that it looks like this

link

link

link

it shows a little chest which I want

and not like this

link

link

the guy in the back has the perfect v I want is it possible I don't get that because their shirts are big on them and mine are form fitting?

Most Helpful Girl

• You unbutton it a button farther down. It may help to iron or starch the shirt and collar specifically so it doesn't slouch

• arent I trying to make it part to a v shapeso I want it to slouch? do you think it's not due to my shirt being too form fitting? I know my looser fitting shirts make that v shape. how would I starch/iron the shirt to make v shape?

• Can you post a link of your tight shirts?

What Girls Said 1

• Try on different shirts and sizes until you find one that works. This is a fabric, style, size thing.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't buy shirts with button down collars.

Unbutton two buttons.

Profit.

• I get mine that way when I unbutton the collar button and the first button down. Make sure the shirts are hung up not folded.

• what does hanging it up have to do with it? and I unbutton first button after collar too and still don't get the shape usually. lot of my shirts, the buttons are close together (vertically)could that be why.

• My buttons are far apart and when my shirts are wrinkled they lose their crispness and are less likely to fall the way I want it. That's why they should be hung up.