Question to the women.

if you guy you meet and had interest in didn't know how to dress would that turn you off to him? why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• no it wouldn't! I would either love him the way he is, or help him find the style he likes the most, if that is what he wanted. I was a total tomboy through high school. I didn't know how to dress at all, coming from a more conservative household. I covered my body as much as possible most of the time because I felt so self conscious. guys called me ugly because I wore my hair simply tied back and just jeans and a t shirt. I didn't have the money to spend on fashion and looking nice. since I've graduated, I've gained the confidence needed to go out and find my style (and having a job to pay for all those clothes too lol). However, when I didn't have the confidence or money, I was put down more than built up. I completely understand people who don't always dress perfect or prefer to "bum it". as long as good hygiene is involved, clothes don't matter. don't ever settle for someone so superficial they expect you to change your look to be with them.

• friend me so I can't message you, I have one more question.

What Girls Said 21

• Not really. I would still pursue him if that's what I wanted. However, eventually I would make suggestions to him but if he didn't like it then it still wouldn't really be a problem. A guy I met last year I liked a lot but he dressed in a sort of "thug" way. And he loved wearing deep V-neck shirts to show off his chest. I once asked him why he wore those shirts and he said "well I don't work out for nothing"... so yeah... haha. I didn't like it at all but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I'd do it again with someone else. I know I would hate it if someone judged me by my lack of style.

• I care a lot about my style, but that's my own personal thing. The guy I'm interested in has style, or lack of, the completely opposite of mine.

I'm into big sweaters, small tee shirts, tanks with deep arm holes, leggings, mini skirts, trendy boots, skulls, spikes, and I am very put together.

He wears jeans, sweatshirts, sports tees, and a flat bill hat with the sticker still on it. . I don't get it but it's him and I like him to be himself. I like him for it, terrible style included.

A man being himself is a turn on.

• my ex was like that lol…. his wardrobe was just something I had never witnessed before in males fashion…. I always felt the need to take him shopping. but I still loved him lol, I didn't think too much of it. other reasons turnd me off, hence why he's my ex…. but I must say I do appreciate a man who puts effort into the way he presents himself.

• Nah, not really. I was really into this one guy before who had absolutely no clue how to dress. His clothes were all pretty old and... yeah, not that fashionable. Some outfits looked great, but generally he just didn't know how to dress haha. I still liked him.

I wouldn't mind helping him out, I could very easily just go on a shopping spree with him to renew his wardrobe. I do that with my brother all the time and the both of us think it's fun. :)

• Two words: Daryl Dixon

• If he dressed badly, yeah that would be a turn off.

• Well I'm into art, so it influences me into accepting different forms of style. I myself often have different styles each day, so really, it would be hard for me to find a turnoff for how he dresses as. But even if it was horrible outfit, it wouldn't be enough that would make me not like him.

• it would to an extent, but I don't like guys who look like they're obviously trying either. it has to look both good and effortless.

• No to me the person makes the person not their clothes.

• About 98% of the guys I talk to - I can't remember what clothes they wear. In very rare cases I might pay attention to their dress. It's not a deal breaker.

• No, not really. If he's funny and smart that's not that important. You can always combine or buy new clothes but brains and looks you can't.

• Turn off... yup.

• No, as long as he smells good.:D It's the person I like, not the clothes he's wearing. If anyone is like that, she's shallow and you don't want that, trust me.

• No. Because it doesn't mtr

• No.if you like him a lot the way he dressed won't matter

• as long as he is in tee shirt and jeans I am fine

the guy don't have to dress to the nine

• No, there clothing choice wouldn't bother me a bit because I want them to be comfortable.

• not really. I don't care about what someone wears as much as if they can make me laugh

• Only if the way he dressed made him seem like he had bad hygiene. In high school, I didn't care at all but now I like guys to look groomed. He doesn't need to look like he walked right out of GQ or anything. Just clean haha =)

• yes.

• Yes it would turn me off because all a guy has to do is wear clean jeans, clean t shirt.

Don't have to be very stylish just well groomed. If a guy can't do that then he is lazy.

What Guys Said 2

• If a woman sees a guy she wants it's a plus if he's dressed like a shlub. After all, any woman is going to completely make you over anyway so she'd rather start with a basic piece of clay.

• What I don't get is why do girls want guys to wear jeans? I have very muscular thighs and calves. Not body builder size but big enough to the point where I would have to buy jeans that are too big for my waist just so the legs can get through. Regular jeans are almost like skinny jeans on me. So, I just avoid jeans altogether and stick with athletic pants. So much more comfortable, yet I've seen girls refer to athletic pants as something only lazy people would wear. Something I haven't been able to wrap my head around just yet.