How is Robyn Lawley a plus-sized model?

Before I start...no, I am not one of those overweight girls, who just seek an excuse to keep living unhealthy.

Is it just me or is fashion industry totally fucked up? Ever heard of Robyn Lawley? She's a plus-sized model from Australia and she's just gorgeous. In my opinion, regular models should look something like this. It's much more real and I honestly would say this is a healthy and beautiful WOMAN. I don't get it. What is it about skinny thigh-gaped flat-chested skeletons that fashion moguls love so much about? I just...don't understand.:D Opinions?

Girl and guys, what is the shape of a woman you would call ideal?:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Plus size has nothing to do with the ideal or what is attractive. It is a term the fashion industry uses to describe models who do not fit sample sizes.

Fashion designers do not design sample pieces around a specific model, or with a specific model in mind. That is why fashion models have a very shapeless and generic-size body. The women are walking clothes hangers, nothing more.

The problem here has nothing to do with weight, or with obesity, or with anything. The problem here is with uneducated individuals (no offense) who somehow assume that these terms the fashion industry coins to describe things specific to clothing design somehow translate to the real world, or to people, or do ideal bodies, etc... She's plus size because she's not sample size. That's it. End of story. And anyone who has a problem with that is simply reading way too much into it because they're ill-informed.

Why does the fashion industry love those "skinny, thigh-gapped, flat-chested skeletons" you speak of? Simple. Because their bodies are totally shapeless. It is easy to design a piece without an individual person in mind, being able to use simpler measurements, easing the design process. Again, they are walking clothes hangers. They are meant to show off a fashion piece, not to look pretty themselves.

• Oh gee, someone with common sense.

• It wouldn't matter in the long run if it were addressed because the problem is internal. The people who fall for this do it because they are prone to reading way too much into things, and they'd simply find something else to apply that to. Thanks for BA by the way.

• Well, it was the best one. Thanks.:)

What Guys Said 7

• In the fashion world, anything larger than a size 6 is called a Plus size. anything larger than a size 10. is called Full Figured. research it.

• The standard fashion model has nothing to do with what's considered ideally attractive . They are chosen to present clothes. There is a difference.

• She has a proportional and symmetrical body.

My ideal shape is a woman with a stripper body...yah I know..ive got high standards lol

• Because she's fat. Not "curvy". Not "thick". Not "voluptuous". Not "healthy". Just straight up fat - link

• I agree with you. Regular models SHOULD look something like that. It looks much better and healthy and physically more attractive. Unfortunately, if a girl is a model but is not thin (or stick thin) then she is considered plus-size which is just wrong in my opinion.

• I saw a picture of a girl once and her caption read "someone told me size 8 is considered plus size". I wrote back, if that's considered plus size, I'd hate to see what anorexic looks like. She looked like she was practically stick thin.

• Cause she's fat baby yeah! And I'm not black

• I don't know how your race has anything to do with this.xD

• Black guys are known for liking fat women in the US

What Girls Said 3

• She used to be bigger actually, but the more famous she got, the slimmer she got.

But ya it's ridicoulous. She has a perfectly normal body, not plus sized at all. She has a flat tummy, full boobs and shapley legs. They say she's a size 14 but I don't buy that. I feel she has a similar body to marylin monore, well a bit.

• Because she is plus sized.

The average size for women in the US is a size 16, but around the world the average is an 8 or less. The US has a problem with obesity and as obesity increases, our idea of what's normal does as well.

It started out pushing that size 10 isn't plus sized, then it went to 12, then 14 and now we're at a size 16.

And being her size doesn't mean she's healthy just as being a size 0 doesn't mean someone is healthy.

She looks nothing like the average woman though

• Well, I am not from USA, so my judgement is based on European girls. And yes, most of us are like Jennifer Lawrence for instance (who looks great), but still not skeletons like fashion industry likes it...

• And in no way I'd call this Robyn fat...

• Because she's 6'2" 180 some lbs and a size 16 she looks good has a nice figure she's not fat just big like an Amazon.