Why do men get self-concious when they dress really good?

I've noticed some model type celebrities who get a lot more self-conscious when they wear really nice clothing? Why do you think they get this way? It seems like they try to compensate by wearing clothes that are more by societies standards masculine? Wearing darker clothing or wearing clothes with aggressive themes. Or clothing that looks more rugged... as opposed to clothes that seem neat, flashy, or colorful.

Also why do you think guys are wearing more colorful clothing now?

I'm not talking about about sports-wear. I'm talking casual or dressy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to know a guy who looked better than anybody I had seen in the last year - a 10 out of 10 face, 10 out of 10 body and 10 out of 10 career etc... and he was obsessed with his image - I believe his looks caused him a lot of stress and I think it's because when you focus on your image - it becomes who you are - and it becomes how you view yourself - so any dent in your image just becomes intolerable to you. This is why sometimes the most confident people are the ones that aren't so good looking - they don't base their esteem on how others view them.

What Girls Said 4

• Because its not something theyre used to wearing

• It's always nice to be look good course

• Because it makes them stand out rather than blending in with the crowd and other dudes.

• i think its because theyve made an effort and they know this is the best they can look, so if they aren't liked in it there's nothing more they can really do to improve their looks

What Guys Said 4

• They are going to get attention from the opposite sex. If you're expecting attention, you got to look good.

• I'm not self conscious when I dress nice, therefore cannot relate.

• we live in the Duck Dynasty-ghetto generation, where being a country bumkin or thug off the streets appears to be considered more masculine than being a stylish and reformed man of high class and stature.

• I don't pay close attention to what other guys are wearing so I haven't noticed a change in fashion. Normally dark colors helps people blend in, and not get noticed, so maybe some guys are trying to stand out. I have found that the color I wear effects my mood. Bright cheerful colors make me feel happy, and confident, while dark colors make me depressed. Some guys purposely peacock, and dress in a way that is designed to draw attention, more than it is designed to look good. I think the idea is that it is suppose to show confidence, and attract women.