How important is it to you how you look?

How well do you take care of yourself, is it a big deal when you don't have perfect hair?

Girls and guys please

also, why is it so important that you look good?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, the majority of taking care of myself just means hygiene, because when I'm totally clean, smooth, and I smell good, it's so much more comfortable. It helps put me in a good mood and I'll be up for anything, as opposed to if I feel dirty/sloppy because I won't want to see anyone or do anything.

My hair's probably the one physical thing that I'm most insistent on keeping up with, and even then I don't do much with it haha. I just like to make sure it's clean, smooth, and just basically looks nice. I guess I care because I figure, I'm self-conscious enough without having to worry about my hair haha :/

What Guys Said 6

• I do try to look and smell good most of the time. I think taking care of yourself is kind of important, I don't think I could be with a girl that showers once a week or whatever. When I'm late for something and don't have time to fix my hair etc. I just slap on a cap or hoodie and it's all fine. For me personally it makes me feel better knowing I look, well... good.

• Yeah that's the same for me, looking good means feeling good for me.

people think I'm a "poser" for trying to look good and think I do it for other people but all I do it is for is myself

• Mhm. But I guess it's a compliment in a way, better then people saying you look like a slob :p

• Yeah, well all jealousy really is, is a compliment, but I guess it depends on what theyre jealous of. if its something that your not happy with then there's nothing really for people to be jealous of

• My hair is pretty much all I've got going, so I have to make sure it looks great.

I also wear expensive Cologne, but it's worth it.

• It's important that you look good because it shows you take care of yourself. The hair issue, depends on the girl. For me, my hair is shorter on the sides and in the back than it is on the top. I spray it and make it stick up all over the place. Everyone seems to like it.

• when my inside is good I feel happy when out side is good that relate to other people

• for me, its important but not the most important thing...i try to look good most of the time

• Yes it is.

What Girls Said 7

• well I look to look cute everyday. I thin it's because I work so much and it doesn't really matter to me, but I mean, it's just easier to look good everyday. well,e xcept when I'm lazy.or it's my day off, I'll be chill and just wear my work out gear and stuff like that. yoga pants and a tank. but it's pretty much winter up here most of the time, when it's sunny, I like to wear my sun dresses.

• Looks aren't as big of a deal as hygene! You need to shower and use deoderant. And it doesn't hurt to brush your hair and put on a clean pair of jeans. Asking soemone to take care of theirself isn't like asking them to fly to china and back.

• Very. I take good care of myself, I like to smell nice, I want to like what I see in the mirror and feel better about myself overall. I wear my best dress, heels, use some lipgloss and feel like I'm on top of the world. It's all about confidence really. That makes everyone look great in both the outside and inside. It's not like I dress up everyday. When I go to the gym I don't mind sweating or looking zombie like. I do what I like and dress how I like. If I feel I should be spending more time on myself, I do it. If I don't, I'll just relax and make it a lot easier.

• When I look good I feel good. I was raised not to leave the house looking a mess. If I'm not on point I feel like sh*t so I like to maintain myself to the point that even if I don't have on makeup or my hair styled I can still look presentable.

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones" - Helena Rubinstein

• For the past couple of months I haven't really cared how I look. As long as I'm clean, smell nice, and don't have bed head it's good.

• You need to look decent to succeed. It is important to me, because no one wants to look at a slob. First impressions are based on appearance, so I need to make sure I look good!

• Pretty important, I'm always working on improving my look. But I'm not the type of person that needs to check myself out in the mirror every hour.