When can you consider that someone is a hipster?

Hipsters. First underwear and now a style but when are you a hipster? When is a person a hipster to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are usually Caucasian and travel in packs and can be seen going to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's and have this kind of attitude about everything

link

What Guys Said 6

• Oh you definitely recognize them. Asexual beings with fedoras and clothes that only fit an 8 yo, in terms of size.

• Hahaha I am considered a Hipster but I don't wear cloth a 8 year old would wear?

• Oxymoron !

• You're just too sweet :P HAHAH

• If any of this applies, then you know. link

• Whahahahhaa. I laughed my ass of during this haha genious!

• If they just dress like a hipster but are actually pleasant to talk (sans better than you attitude). I don't really consider them as a hipster, they just dress like one. You need that shity' attitude that a majority of hipsters posses for me to consider them a real hipster.

• Guys don't wear hipsters, that's a girl underwear

• When they wear thick rimmed glasses, wear a scarf and post their food on instagram instead of eating it.

• link

15 minutes explaining hipsters and everything aweful about them.

coonskin cap, argyle socks, & a unicycle

What Girls Said 6

• I think in essence it is about rebelling against mainstream.

I think there are moments when this is warranted, interesting and tasteful, awkward/ natural (in a nice way), hyper-intellectual, funny and maybe sometimes even cute. However, this is ONLY if you are being sincere and honest to yourself.

What is a little ridiculous is that it is sort of become very popular and cult like and and that a lot of the people doing it are trying to "follow the trend" which is kind of the opposite of the point. They are copying and repeating, and not being themselves and not expressing alternative opinions. Not actually being intellectuals or artistic but essentially faking/playing a role. This is pathetic, annoying and just plain stupid.

• When someone has to LET YOU KNOW that they "bought that hat before it was cool, all good music is, like, so super underground, think Starbucks is crazy overrated and would prefer to go to a small coffee house, have to shop at whole foods" and worst of all... The assholes who wear glasses with no prescription. Some of us have had glasses since we were 3 and find that extremely irritating, thank you.

• Oh, and I just want you to know that you have some of the most BEAUTIFUL hair I've ever seen.

• Awh thank you so much! <3 that compliment means a lot to me <3

• The obvious "hipsters" are all over tumblr. There are also some who aren't obvious and hate that label. The first is more of a fad

• When a person acts all high and mighty just because they got to know about something before you did, or when someone does unusual things just for the sake of standing out in the crowd (rather than doing stuff because they actually enjoy it) etc.

• Hard to say

• Aren't those people against everything mainstream? I hear they don't even bathe because everyone else does.