Have you ever seen someone transform?

Thought this would be a fun and interesting little question that you don't hear too often, but for girls and guys.

Have you ever seen someone completely transform? I was watching the Beauty and the Geek and when they do the "Make over" part, the reactions are incredible. Guys who look totally different before and after, and a lot of them are actually pretty popular with the girls!

Or to the guys - that one girl who was sort of cute in her younger years, but when you see her again, your jaw drops?

I tend to stay away from superficial questions, but hopefully this should generate some fun answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I see lots of people transform. One of my friends went downhill. She used to be a good friend with me and this other girl when we began high school, and then she kind of turned bitter and mean. I still feel bad about how she turned out...

Another friend was a major prep, goody-goody that the more popular kids wouldn't give the time of day, and then she started hanging with them and is now an edge member of them. Good for her? She's happy.

A friend a year younger than me went through a huge one. He was always really short, and sang in the school choir as the only guy and had a beautiful soprano voice. He was also short and a little immature. People would tease him and they would get a rise out of him. Then I went off to high school, and I didn't see him for that whole year. (We weren't best friends or anything). When he got to high school, he had grown at least six inches, had a deep, and frankly, pretty sexy voice, and is now super patient/calm/mature. Complete 180.

I also went through one. I was always the girl people called "cute" or "sweet" and then I got my braces off, got contacts and took up enough sports to get super trim all in one year. I think it was too spread out for people at school to notice, so they all treat me the same, but strangers definitely treat me differently. It's a strange awareness, when you realize that people look at you and recognize at lease some form of hotness. It makes me feel a little icky inside. :S

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah, one guy who comes to mind was one of my friends back in 8th grade. He was short and chubby and kind of a geek, although I thought he was cute and he was a good friend. Well when we started high school he looked COMPLETELY different. He hit puberty and grew like 8 inches overnight, and he simultaneously got really skinny because he took up a couple sports. All the girls were suddenly going after him, and I was like "I liked him first!" Lol.

• Yes.

Guy I 'dated' in HS. He was extremely skinny, not many friends, bad grades, bad home situation, no confidence, acne, long unkept black hair, dressed in boots, black, studs and piercings everywhere. Not a bad-boy or a rebel - just sort of an all-round "loser". A mess. But his personality was amazing (once you actually gave him the time of day). Nobody understood why I wanted anything to do with him, I just liked him.

And now he's a law school graduate, great job, perfect skin, started gym seriously after school and now he's buff and ripped, about to do his first physique competition, naturally tanned, grew out his natural hair colour (dirty blonde), cut it in a really great style, girls love him, has loads of friends, extremely popular.

Like night and day.

• I have actually I have seen some school mates change completely from being at unhealthy and not so fashionable style into some model like what? :O That one person who shocked me really shocked me with how she lost weight by not eating and sweating a lot while in Mexico.

• yes this girl in my class - she went from being a plain jane to going all out dressing provocatively, talking loudly, being rude, developing an attitude -etc

• No, I've never seen it, but I wish :)

• Haha that me every morning I get ready.I look like death warmed over, then BOOM, hottt. haha half jk, but seriously, to me, I don't even look like the same person... idk

• Um yes... Myself. I still struggle with self esteem issues today. :(

I wasn't fat. I was fat&awkward. :( It's been a long journey, but I feel better about myself today than I did all those years ago...

What Guys Said 5

• Oh yes those who go abroad often come back mentally and physically transformed, and I don't reconize them even though it was only a couple of years.

They gain such sophistication, they suddenly look good even in casual dress...just the way they stand with their arm on one hip, when before they kind of slouched...a few subtle things like that make their whole style so different!

For the better!

• oh hell yea! my mom used to tranform 24/7

• Loved that show, wish it was still on. No, I've not

• No, but a guy named David Icke sure has ;) They are reptilians and I think he calls them shapeshifters, lol

So if you want to loose all faith in humanity then check this YouTube video out: link

• Yeah I have a friend named optimus prime who transformed into a truck.

• this is exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you, sir