What do you women think of dreads?

Are you accepting of this kind of hairstyle on men or do you prefer them have regular haircut. And I'm talking about dreads that well kept and not the ones that look shitty and can smell from a distance. I'm thinking about growing my hair out and getting them. Do you think they would fit me or no?

Ok, let me make this clear, I'm doing this for myself. No offense, but I'd be foolish to make a decision like that based off opinions from people I don't know and would never met. Come on now, it's not like I said "Do you think I'd look better and get more girls" or something else along those lines.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mmm.. when a man has some long, neat locks like some of these: link link it's the sexiest thing in the world, but if you come up to me with some crap like this link link I'm gonna be like hell no.

Keep your shit twisted and neat! There's nothing worse than some nasty, unkempt locs.

What Girls Said 23

• So long as I couldn't smell them walking by you, sitting next to you, etc. they wouldn't really change my opinion of a person much, alter whether or not I would hire/work with them, be friends, etc. I work in a less conventional and less conservative field. Obviously, in certain fields I would think the reactions might be stronger, and you might risk being stereotyped. I imagine you are conscious that unfair as it may be, this risk exists.

I think the only thing that might be influenced was my first impression of you on a sexual level.

While, I realize this is unfair, I have (based on the few friends I've had with dreads) always suspected that they are a lot harder to clean than "standard" hair. Until proved otherwise, I think I would harbor a suspicion that this was the case. I think it might make my first impression more a "he seems like a cool guy" rather than "I want to f*ck him". Something about the idea of being intimate with someone who I might discover is a little less clean when I get up close... ugh. Obviously, that impression might change over time and as I grew to know someone better.

• i think they look great but I REALLY hate the neglect method some guys use as the hair just matts in weird clumps, if you get them rolled properly theyll look neat and tidy

• I agree and don't you worry I'll be sure to keep up with them.

• i think it depends on the guy=]

stuff the losers who gave smartass answers…. I think locks would look awesome on u! go for it bro, try it out=] its something different:)

• I <3 Dreads.

As long as they are tidy and well kept, they can make a man look hot.

• I don't mind them as long as they're taken care of. If it's a guy aim interested in as long as they fit him, he likes them and takes care of them.

• you'd be able to work them lol.

this kid at my school has them and everyone calls him chief keef

so youve been warned LOL

• Being called chief keef would be an insult lol XD

• You're a good looking guy, they could look good on you. Although I personally don't like the looks of dread locks, your hairstyle is something you do for yourself, like LoveBambi said, not for everyone else.

• I used to find them realyl cool when I was a teen, both on guys and girls. Now when I see someone with dreads, I can't help but get that "yay I'm so cool and hip" vive from that person. But whatever, it's just a matter of personal taste and it's not my thing (anymore), personally.

• Yeah I get you, it became a huge trend when I was in HS and people wete getting them for all the wrong reasons. Some didn't look right with them some did. So the hype brought on made you not like them anymore?

• I've known a lot of people who are "normal" and who have dreads. I didn't say those people actually ARE like that, I said their dreads give me this vibe. It's just a kind of style that's too obviously trying to be something.

• You mean like the whole hipster thing...Crazy outfits and other accessories, now I feel SOME of them try to hard to be different.

• This should be something that you want to do for yourself. Also with that type of hairstyle, it might be harder to find a decent job.

• I am doing it for myself. Regardless of what anyone thinks, no ones opinion will decide whether I go through with it or not. I'm well aware how it might be seen from a professional aspect.

• i find normal hair better but everyone has their own choice on some it can look nice

• I honestly don't like them. It makes the hair look dirty to me for some reason.

• You're entitled to your opinion, thanks for your answer..

• Idk if this is true or not, but I hard that if you get dreads and decide later that you don't want them, you would have to shave your head and start over. At least that's what I've heard...

• Shaving your head is the fastest way to get rid of them. You can also cut them a little them soak them in some very strong conditioner and comb them out. This method is very time consuming but if you decide to keep your hair then that's what you would want to do.

• When they are clean like you said, I don't mind. It would not look good on everyone though. My consign use to have dreads and he looked on with it, he had every girl possible ^^

• I do not like them.

• Dreads can look pretty cool depending on how they fit a person's face, and how well he/she takes care of them. I don't care much about other people's hair, so do what you want man! You'd probably look cool in them. :)

• They look pretty neat but I wouldn't date someone with them. I think it can. Try it! Be bold =]

• Why wouldn't you date someone with them? Lol thanks :)

• It's not my thing. But I still think they look cool if they are well kept. And you're welcome !

• They're cool. Not for me but I like the look!

• I actually love dreads, but it has to be the right person to pull them off.

• I love them. I've been tempted to get some myself but I'm a chicken.

• I like dreads. I once met this guy with dreads up to his tailbone...He was the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I suspected him to be Irish. He had natural ginger hair...Yeah ( ._.)

• Damn, a white guy with dreads that long. You definitely don't see that often.

• Like that one football player dude.

I think you already look a little bit like a player it would just be worse.

• It would be funny if you had pink dreads I think that it kind of looks like: bum, surfer dude, silly guy, not serious about life, not somebody who is a bread winner etc.

• Eh maybe I meant stoner but wrote player I don't know really. There is something about dreads that is very casual and possibly slightly juvenile though of course those are only impressions and not a accurate reflection of a person. Everyone think of Bob Marley Mon

• Nah, I'm straight edge.

• I think it can be hot depending on the guy

• I don't like dreads

• TRUTHFULLY IN MY OPINION... I AM NOT INTO THEM... BUT IF YOU REALLY LIKE THEM, GO FOR IT... ITS A MATTER OF STYLE... BUT NOT MY STYLE :) JUST KEEP THEM CLEAN LOL

What Guys Said 2

• My wife thinks they're dreadful.

• If you got the hair for it just get em. You only live once and there are worse things than possibly regretting what your hairstyle looked like when you're old and shrunken.