What do you really think of this? (question too short)

My sister and I were basically talking about body types and I told her that I like all the shapes and wouldn't let the mass media define my taste and beauty standards then she said: "I'd rather be anorexic than having body like yours." It hurted a little knowing that I'm 123lbs for 5'3" and I have big tighs and a slightly fat waist.

Do you think she is right? Or she is just being shallow?

Most Helpful Guy

• She has preferences. Nothing right or wrong about them. But using "media standards of taste and beauty" to justify poor health decisions isn't a good idea (If you are).

What Guys Said 3

• Saying you would choose a mental illness than the look of a normal sounding girl is worse than shallow, it's crazy,

Curves are always better,

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only one shocked here..

I feel bad for her, she's constantly comparing herself to me, always reminding me of how she is better looking than I'm. It's cool and I don't mind but to the point of preferring anorexia, come on!

Thanks for answering.

• Think maybe she wants to be a model or something. Most models are thin, like stick thin

• lol

• I don't think so, she's 28 and 1inch shorter than me so..

• 1 inch doesn't matter, you can be shortish and still model. As long as you're thin, supposedly. Age doesn't matter either. It's a part time job

• If she's younger, should have gown a flip flop, and flop that booty. If she's older, I would lose some weight, then wear her clothes because now you are her size and you saving money.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh wow haha.I mean I am 121 lbs with the same height as you.So I can take this as offence lol joking. Maybe in her opinion being slim or thin is beautiful which is fine.One thing that bother me is she was putting you down.I think you are a little bit unhappy with your body though because if you are happy and comfortable enough in your own skin her comment won't make you upset.Yes our body might not be the standard of beauty but being curvy is not a bad thing.Being skinny and slim also not a bad thing.It's all about the person preference.I don't think any guys will reject you just for being curvy lol. Unless if you are overweight,then its another story.

• Not really, I'm fine with the way I look but I guess her comments makes me reevaluate my self and makes me more conscious, lol, like am I really that fat?

I'm not even concerned about guys, it's just her critics that makes me sick.

• I understand.I mean I also have some friends who made indirect comments about how my body is almost 'fat'.I don't think I am fat so I just Ignore their comments.Judging from your weight and height I am sure you are definitely curvy and there are many women who wish they can have curve.You can go from big to thin/small/slim but to get the curve is something almost impossible.Its all about the genetic.You are lucky.

• "I've never been the prettiest and I will never be" This make me sad ;( Why would you think this way.Every women is beautiful to certain people trust me.No one gets it all.I am sure you are a beautiful person.Her critics sounds a little bit harsh anyway.She shouldn't put you down just because she prefer to be slim.Maybe she secretly envy you.Who knows? Thanks for your compliment.

• Honestly, I'm pan sexual and I'd rather date someone like you then someone who's anorexic