Is colour matching your clothes over-rated?

Do you think wearing an outfit where a few of the items are the same colour is too over-rated? Or does colour matching look better?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, of course not. Not over- rated, in impeccable taste is more like it. I love to wear matching shoes with a matching sweater, or shoes that even go with an outfit I am wearing with just that color, or with some other color to "off set". Throw in a handbag too. Mix and match. Anything goes, as long as it is "pleasing to the eye."

What Girls Said 4

• No way I still do it in my eyes its classy

Especially if you see someone dressed in purple leggings,neon green blazer and neon pink dress

• over-rated? no way.

do you see how people dress now a days? no matching at all. everyone want's to be weird.

maxi skirts with timbs and polo button up shirt and sports team hat... YES, people actually wear that crap.

So, no over rated .. it's kinda underrated to me but personally, I match still and if it doesn't match but is comfy, I don't careeeeeeeee. let me live.

• It doesn't really matter too much to me, it is OK if people do it but it doesn't really matter all together for me.

• I think the best thing to do is to check it out in a full-length mirror and try different options, after you do this for a while you get an idea of what looks right.

There are no rules about it, it greatly depends on if you are a casual dresser or more properly dressed.

What Guys Said 2

• I will wear green shirts with black red stiped pants, I don't care lol. If they're comfortable I don't care.

• Clothes should complement each other. That's not the same as being the same colour.