How do men (of all races) feel about natural hair?

Obviously referring to black women solely.

Do men prefer the "natural" look, regardless of its texture? Relaxed? Straightened (by flat iron)? Weave? Braids? Jerry Curl? lol

Why is this such a controversial topic?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its more controversial in the black community that it is outside it. You know, with the "good" hair versus "bad " hair. Who APPEARS to be more mixed and who's not , based on hair type. The natural vs relaxed vs weave. The authenticity of someone's "blackness" based on their hair. Stuff like that.

This is one of those things things where its going to be some do and some don't. You're going to have some that like it regardless and might even have a preference. You're going to have some that's going to like certain hair types or hair styles. These two I just mentioned, like it partly ,if not only because "exotic." In other words, because its something they're not use to seeing, especially on black women. You're going to have some that only like it if is long, regardless of texture. Then you have those who are all about the European standards of beauty. I"m not saying ALL of the men who only like straight , long hair are all about this, but you do have some who are. Then you have some who just doesn't care.

I know you're just curious about what they have to say, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what they think about it. I've dated a guy who thought I looked better with the straight hair and suggested me to get a relaxer. I've dated a guy who like my matter hair,because its different and he's never dated someone with natural hair.

• It doesn't matter what the guy thinks, but I would much rather date/talk to someone who likes it, than who doesn't

• Thank you for best answer :3

• You're welcome! Thanks for the response! :)

What Guys Said 5

• I like variety. My wife goes back and forth between extensions and wigs, though she doesn't care to take the time involved with going "natural". The only style I don't at all care for is a straight on "afro".

• As long as it's kept looking neat and healthy I'm all good with natural. Not a jerry curl. I had jerry curls when I was like six years old that was 1986. I was BAD like Micheal in Thriller. What isn't controversial these days

• I'm not really sure without pictures. I like shorter hair like yours a lot of times.

• small afro or braids. Straightened with a flat iron looks terrible!

• It's great and wonderful

What Girls Said 5

• I know a lot of black guys who like it

• I think they like it better than fake hair.

• It's not controversial. It just that lots of black hair is rough textured and everybody is suppose to love it because that is politically correct to say hey everybody likes rough textured hair when it's not true.

black guys like black gal hair but a lot of non-black guys don't like it

• I love black women and I love natural hair.

• Whatever looks good on you