Why do women wear high heels?

I honestly don't get it. They look so stupid and make them walk funny. Why do women think it is sexy to be tall and have deformed feet? A hot girl will always be hot, she doesn't need heels to make her attractive.

• We like damaging our feet.
  • We want to be taller so we look more like men.
  • We think we are ugly without them.
  • We think men will find us more attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• enit glad someone agrees - I prefer flats. I've seen so many girls wear heels but when they walk past you, you can see their feet wobbling as they don't know how to walk in them and I'm like er why wear them

What Girls Said 38

• Sweetie, I have had men actually tell me they want to have sex with me "Fuck me pumps and red lingerie.:))

Seriously, women who do like a "heel with appeal" may or may not agree with your opinion. I don't think it has anything with "height." I am nearly 5'4, and enjoy them for the style and the color I prefer to wear with certain outfits. As long as they are not "sultry stiletto," I am good to go. Whatever reasons woman all over the world have for wearing "The Shoe," I am quite sure it isn't to "look so stupid and make them walk funny." I have seen men run around with holes in their jeans, or even their pants hanging so far down that I could put my finger up the crack of their butt.:))xx

• lol! I am so glad he isn't mad at me..I just had a guy block me for "going to bat for him" in telling him this girl wasn't into him and used the pun"like a sucker.".:))xxx

• I live in heels. I'm tiny at only 5'2", but I'm not trying to gain height by wearing them. I just happen to like the way they make me look, in a dress or skirt. I don't wear stripper shoes, with obnoxiously high heels, but more modest ones at 3" or 4", and do happen to find them comfortable, but that's just me. I have received no shortage of compliments, so I must be doing something right, and will continue. To each his own...

• You don't have to get it. I don't look stupid and don't walk funny. I don't have deformed feet. I love wearing heels, I love shopping for heels and have 200 pair, maybe more. I get compliments almost daily and my man loves it when I wear them too. I also feel more sexy when I wear them.

• None of the above answers for me.

I'm tall and it seems that I feel more stable when walking if my heels are elevated. I trip/fall more if I'm in flats because I just feel unnatural (not because of excessive heel wearing, just me).

I also like the height it gives me and the way my legs/arse look because of the muscles I use when I'm wearing them.

Also, most shoes damage your feet. Our feet shouldn't naturally be the shape most of them are, if you look at a babies feet and an adults feet, the toes are dramatically different. All shoes push our feet into unnatural positions, not just heels..

• Some girls just want to look taller because they think they're too short to find a guy. It's not about loooking more attractive, it's about being taller and getting noticed more. I do agree that heels could make someone walk really funny, but if you're actually taught how to walk in heels the right way, it looks fabulous. Look at all those runway models who walk in heels, it's as if it's nothing! And heels don't deform your feet, but if you don't wear them the right way or if it's too small, you can get blisters.

• Why would a woman wish to be taller? I have never heard a guy say a woman is too short, and most guys actually prefer shorter girls. Also, if a guy is attracted to a girl when she is extra tall in her heels, what happens when she takes them off? Would you find a short guy in high heels attractive?

• Well, some girls just like heels. I'm not talking about the girls who wear heels when they're already tall, I'm talking about the ones who are short (like around 5'3, 5'4, or 5'5) and wear heels. You can't really tell how short or tall the girl is when she's in heels, right? So yes, I would find a short guy in heels attractive because you can't tell that he's short until he takes them off.

• women wear high heels when they want to dress sexy,

when they are going somewhere fancy, to compliment another beautiful piece of clothing they have.

a woman doesn't look funny in heels if she knows how to work them.

ofcourse, she'll have deformed feet if she wears them everyday. but no woman does that, at least not for long periods of time.

i agree with u. a girl doesn't need heels to be attractive, but she wears them kinda like an accessory to her dress or her bag, you know?

I'm one who can usually be found wearing my flip flops or pumas but when I feel like it I do love dressing up=]

so my vote is: none of the above=]

• Because it looks better with certain outfits.

Honestly, I wear heels because I like time not to please anyone else.

So your opinion wouldn't really bother me.

Your entitled to your own thoughts, just like women are entitled to their own taste.

• Women's ideas of what "sexy" is are different than men's. We think that elaborate dresses, stilletos and a cloud of heavy, smokey perfume are the hottest things ever, because we are all form over substance - we love thing pretty, perfect and bright. Men like the substance, that is the flesh. I've heard many guys saying that girls should wear little or no makeup, smell like they just got out of the shower and preferably wear something comfy that comes off easily should things get hot.

• I agree, the naked body is what we are supposed to be attracted to after all, not a bunch of inanimate accessories! Women need to learn this! I have never seen a shoe that looks better than a healthy, well formed pair of feet!

• I wear them because I like the way that they look. Also, because I'm only 5'1, it's nice to be a little bit taller.

• Everything we are told by the media is that we supposedly look better in high heels. I personally think that most high heels seem ridiculous because I see so many ungraceful women trying to make them work. The most I'll wear is a two inch heel.

• It makes me feel confident

• They're fun a free workout to make your legs and butt look awesome. For us short girls it's basically a godsend to make us taller.

• Please I'm a dancer and walk around and dance on my metatarsals WITHOUT the support of heels. I also wear pointe shoes. Why do I do that when they could deform my feet? Because I love it! I also love wearing heels because they're classy and elegant and make me taller and improve my posture. They're not stupid. And if you think sexy is funny then that's your opinion. A girl doesn't need heels to be attractive but they add to attractiveness. I always get tons of guys hitting on me when I wear heels. All your poll options are ridiculous so I'm not even voting.

• None of the above... I'm a female and it's my preference. Just like I wear any other kind of show whether it's boots, sandals, gym shoes, etc I wear it because I choose to and it's a fashion statement.

It doesn't damage my feet and it doesn't make me walk funny. If you really want to know why I began wearing heels it's because it's kind of a must when modeling which I did in my past.

• I don't wear high heeled shoes. I couldn't wear them and look natural (in my opinion) because they are uncomfortable and when I'm uncomfortable on the inside, I look awkward on the outside. I don't know how other girls seem to pull it off so well. I could never do that. Also I don't care enough about my looks to wear them just so I can look good. The only time I wear high heeled shoes is if I'm going to a banquet and I know that I won't be standing for more then ten minutes at a time.

• I just love how I look in heels and they make me taller

• Things like makeup, high heels and hair weaves are supposed to make up for things we don't have or lack. A better complexion, extra height and more hair. Women has grown accustomed to acquiring alll this to make them look 'extra attractive' on the outside... but what about the inside?

• i don't wear heels due to weak ankles. but I wish I could, I am short and they look sexy. so I wear wedges.

• What is so bad about being short? Most men find short girls hot!

• i want to be tall. I hate shopping in the petites section, which only stores I can't afford have. plus, my chest is too big for most of those petite tops.

• I don't usually wear high heels but only if I'm going to a party/concert/date. I wear them because I'm only 4'11 and would like to look taller at a party/concert/date.

• It's not that I hate my height, it's just that from time to time I'd like to feel a little taller lol. I don't wear ridiculously high heels like the ones that are in now. I only wear 3 inch as the highest :)

• I don't get it either. But I believe women think it is sexy. To me it is painful. Not my thing. I once answered a question on here, "How tall are you with heels", I said, " I am 5'3", with heels I am 5'4", lol.

• Because theyre fashionable, but they also kill your feet too so I don't wear them.

• I don't think it's dumb. Everyone has different taste. Most guys like high hills from what I've noticed. I wear high hills cos I'm really short and it makes my walking 'better'. it also helps with my posture.

• Makes your walking better? How? High heels are not how humans are meant to walk! We are meant to walk barefoot!

• it's decoration. it makes legs look graceful.

• First only girls who can handle heels should wear them. And practice does make perfect. I've been wearing them for the past 7 years but I started slow and steady, and now I can handle anything around or below 5 inches heel height, all day without whining. Sure some of us can't handle that's but what pisses me off the most is those dumb girls who wear them and wobble or complain, and that kind of whining in is in tolerable.
    If you're wearing heels, wear them like a pro or don't wear them at all that's what is say.

• Because we want to, others' opinons doesn't matter and we like the way they make your legs look

• I want to look taller and it make my selfesteem go up

• Why taller? Short can be cute!

• Because we want to.

• I don't wear ridiculous stillettos or anything like that, I just wear smaller, thicker heels. I don't wear them because they hurt, they're hard to walk in and I just don't see the point. The reason I wear heels when I wear them is mostly because I'm short and I think they look nice when I get dressed up.

• To show men how great their legs look in them. They really do lots of harm to your hips however. They do torture your back and feet as well.

• It's flattering to the figure and posture. I love how I feel so confident and sexy in high heels

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 11

• heeled shoers were actually first evented and worn by men and women to try an accentuate their calf muscles (since put more weight on your toes tenses the calf muscle). that is the old rationale.

now I think accentuating the calf muscle is part of it but also to appear taller and also I think some women just like them

asking this question is kind of like asking why humans where anything that isn't essential. I mean jewelry is expensive, tarnishes and often goes out of fashion, it serves no non-superficial purpose. yet men and women alike wear it. piercings, again serves no purpose, can be expensive and painful to get done and is also something that can go out of fashion... suffice to say humans are the most rational beings

• High heels have an impact on posture/muscle position.

Stand on your tip-toes when you have a chance. Notice that your butt muscles are contracted. Now, rather than using your calf muscles to push yourself up on your toes, just find someplace where you can stand with your heel an inch or more higher than your toes. Same thing: your butt is more round.

One thing you won't notice right away, but if you were to wear boots with heels and pay very close attention, you'd notice also that your shoulders are pulled back a small amount in order to maintain your center of gravity.

With your shoulders pulled slightly further back, your chest is pushed further up and out.

So in the end it comes down to T&A. Two body areas are accentuated that also happen to be body areas that men are rather attracted to.

Calves, as some have mentioned, are also positioned differently and perhaps more attractive. But I think we're all just a tad more focused on the effect heels have on the anterior and the posterior...

I hadn't really thought about it before now, but I guess cowboy boots would have the same effect on our (guys) butts, and have us throwing out our chests quite a bit more.

Hmm...

• 1. Makes their legs look longer and more shapely

2. Makes their behinds more prominent and shapely...!

3. Makes their hips sway to keep their balance.

I agree it's very artificial, and not good for the feet and the calf muscles if they wear them a lot of fhours..but there are these very good reasons.

• It's easily D.

High heels make legs look longer, makes the butt look perkier, makes her look taller, makes her bust more prominent, and intensifies the swaying of her hips when she walks.

• Makes the calves look better

• Actually, sweetie, not only the calves, I have found it tones and taunts the legs, too...sexy!

• It's more for the calves though. But I do realize it tones the legs and butt as well. Did you know guys were originally the ones who wore them. There was a king once, that was a little short. He wanted some more height so he asked his shoemaker to make a shoe. Guess what he made?

• Everyone noble wore heels because they caught stirrups.

• I think high heels look really sexy, on the right girl.

• some wear them because they like them, and they look good in them, others because they think they need to because they think guys will like them, answer to that most guys will like them in heels, but most likely without heels as well. if a woman wants to wear them then that is upto her for what ever reasons she has, if you don't like a girl in heels then go look for one without heels

• I LOVE a woman who wears heels! :) Nothing grabs my attention quicker!

• I don't like them most of the time either. If can make the legs sexy, but the shoe itself is ugly as fuck sop it kind of counteracts the rest of the effect.

• They them to look taller and more attractive.

• Because they want to look unattractive so guys don't hit on them I think