Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

I don't wear makeup that often, but I've tried it a few times and I can't do it with my mouth closed..Why not? Can you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao I look like a complete idiot every. single. time. I guess because it's kind of difficult due to the fact that you're trying to get every lash and you sort of lift your chin up...and I don't know it's just a girl thing lol.

link

I basically make all these faces continuously.

What Guys Said 2

• My sister kept insisting to me that I allow her to put mascara on my eye lashes because they are long and she is jealous, haha. But I keep rejecting the idea because it is stupid as hell and I don't want mascara in my eye lashes.

• your just concentrating on the moment and I guess its a sexy unique female thing to do that, and back when I was in school I watched girls put makeup on and I've noticed them do that too, so like I said before your gender is unique and very special

What Girls Said 18

• I can, but it takes more focus. Having your mouth open a bit helps keep your eyes from blinking shut when you're trying to put makeup on, though.

• On my upper lashes, I can.

On my lower lashes, it's harder. I can do it, especially if I'm applying mascara in front of other people, but I'll have to make a huge frown - the whole thing (frowning, opening up your mouth), is to pull your skin/cheeks lower, so the tiny hairs are easier to access without smearing on your skin.

• When you apply mascara you tilt your head back so that your eye lashes aren't going to touch your eyelid. Straining your neck back stretches the skin on your neck, so it's easer/more comfortable to open your mouth when you tilt your head back.

It can be done, it just depends on your own body. Very simple concept though, surely, we don't have unlimited skin to bend as far as we want.

• Well sometimes I can do it with my mouth closed but I do have my mouth open for some reason. It's weird perhaps it's about the concentration.

• I can do it! :D My friends are always pretty amazed haha. I actually prefer to do it with my mouth closed.. don't know why.

• can apply with mouth closed but have to focus more.

unconscious, but opening your mouth stretches your face + makes application easier.

also breathing through nose moves a few muscles near nose/eyes hardly perceptibly, but breathing through mouth prevents it and makes your face more still.

• Because you are trying to stretch out your skin and flatten it under your eyes so you don't get any mascara on there.

• I, usually, don't need to open my mouth to put on mascara.

• I can but I think it has to do with focus.

• Ha! I though I was the only one! It's just a natural movement... it let's me concentrate, I assume.

• haha, interesting :) I can do it, we all can... but it wil be weird, right :D

• I can! :D

• because it stretches out your eye skin vertically... allowing you to apply the mascara wayyy more from the inside all the way to the outside... without opening it, you'll be mostly just applying it from the middle up-ward, having less effect on your eye results at the end. :]! The purpose of mascara is it to make the eye appear "bigger", if you're only applying it from the middle and up, your efforts will be in-vain and your eyes will only look darker not bigger... which in most cases seem smaller. So fail effect!

• When you put on mascara you unconsciously tilt you head upwards stretching your neck and skin around your mouth often resulting in unconsciously opening your mouth. It's not necessary, tilt your head back down a bit, move your face closer to the mirror and hey presto, close mouth! It's a good thing to practice because you won't always be putting on makeup in private, touching up your makeup in a bathroom for example is way less embarrassing if you can keep your dignity!

• It stretches your skin makes it easier to put it on.

• I cannot it takes away my focus!

• it stretches the muscle and alters the angle making application easier

• Because that's too difficult.