Why do girls wear skirts/dresses?

Why do girls wear dresses and/or skirts? Is there a reason behind it (besides fashion etc.) ? Especially when girls never wore pants (I think) in the past (old days)

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to not buy skirts/dresses shapes and patterns that seem more "girly". Ex. floral prints, anything with pouf, ruffly, that spreads. When I see women in these I have to confess I think they are the types who adhere more to traditional gender roles.

I have a few minis and short dresses. I have one work pencil skirt.

I think if a skirt is always going to be an implied historical reference to some people, I would prefer one that says "sexual revolution", "modern", or "professional" and not one that says "I'll bake you cookies and clean your house". It is more reflective of my personality and more true to my beliefs and goals.

That said, once it is in my closet (which means it suits who I think I am), whether I put on pants or a skirt on a given day? I don't give it much thought.

What Girls Said 15

• I wear it not because I think , "Oh, I'm going to go out today and get a dress."

Because it is something that catches my eye, especially if it's very pretty.

I also wear it according to the weather.

If it's very hot I like to wear dresses or something that can show off my legs.

• Which then in turn, attracts men, and makes other women, jealous

• it's comfortable/freeing. It allows you to be cute and show legs. It can give your body a different look/ shape. It's cooling during the warmer months.

• They're sexy(aren't they-go ahead and admit it), flirty, feminine like us, and comfortable.

• easier to pee.

• Yea, Its true, girls never wore pants back in the 1800s unless if they passed themselves off as a guy and there were some who did. Girls wear dresses/skirts for fashion nowadays tho...

• Its so comfortable, my legs can breathe underneath a skirt and dress. Its harder to see the outline and shape of my legs.

• we wear them because theyre nice-why do guys wear dockers verse slacks -preference...

• i don't like them. I only wear them on special occasions such as weddings, or when I feel like dressing up and being sexy. which isn't often.

• Two of my friends cannot wear pants because of religious reasons (they can only wear skirts/dresses).

Some people just like the "freedom".

• I love skirts and dresses and I wear them any time I want to feel more feminine..they are also easy access ;) which is great when your partner can't keep his hands off of you..

• looks cute, feels better, historical influences

• I wear skirts and dresses because I like to wear them.

• I wear them when I want to look nice. I wear pants when I don't give a crap

• Cause it's pretty

• So that we can feel more feminine :D

• I never wear them.

What Guys Said 1

• It helps turn men on. Most strip clubs won't allow the girls to wear anything else. It has to be either a skirt or dress. Why? It helps turn the men on, which in sense, makes him want to buy a dance