• Ask
  • myTake

Should I wear a leather jacket and a tie at the same time?

I usually wear a tucked in button up shirt and a tie when I'm not in school. I also really like my leather jacket. I was wondering if it is OK to... Show More

This question has a poll!

Disregard the third link.

Most Helpful Opinion

What Girls Said 23

• if you can pull it off I say go for it

• Thanks for the answer.

• no problem

• Um. No, unless you can really pull it off but...idk.

• Thanks for the answer.

• You're James Bond. You can rock anything!Honestly, I don't know. It depends on the combination of tie and jacket.

• Thanks for the answer

• It's not typical but you might be able to pull it off if you are super good looking and sophisticated.

• Thanks for the answer.

• Yea, that could look good too :)

• Thanks for the answer

• maybe not

• Thanks for the answer.

• hmmm… well it really does depend on the guy. you have to know what your doing because it can go wrong. according to your description I reckon you could pull it off well. my suggestion is just to make it work in a similar way that the second link shows. its more subtle than the other 2. he looks classy rather than a bad boy, you know?

• Thanks for the answer.

• np=]

• Yes but it has to be a leather tie, shixnit ;)

• Thanks for the answer.

• It screams, "trying too hard."

• Thanks for the answer

• I'm kind of indifferent

• God no. lol

• Thanks for the answer.

• Only if you're really hot like guys in the pictures lol

• You know it sweetheart ;). Thanks for the answer.

• it probably depends on the specific jacket and tie... Some probably work, (like link 2...) and some don't.

• Thanks for the answer.

• I think that if you want to

• yes yes yes, I love that

• Thanks for the answer

• Not really. I think the two pieces clash, but whatever you think looks nice on you.

• Thanks for the answer.

• you would look sexy I think.

• Thanks for the answer.

• you shouldn't wear

• Thanks for the answer.

• Probably not. Your button up shirt with a leather jacket would be fine but with a tie, no. But try it on and see how it looks. Maybe if you kept everything in the same colour scheme (eg. black, grey, silver) it might look ok.

• Thanks for the answer.

• Not a big fan

• Thanks for the answer.

• Skinnier ties in solid colors look good with leather jackets. The "dad-suit" tie doesn't look as good with them.

• Thanks for the answer.

• Um, I've got a hard time picturing somebody under 18 years old wearing that combo.

• Why?

• Give me best answer. Because there is no reason why most young people would put together that combo unless they are too fashion obsessed

• No it doesn't look right.

• Thanks for the answer.

What Guys Said 5

• It varies, but I'm not super into the idea. Generally, I say reserve the tie for a suit or blazer.

• Thanks for the answer.

• That's some crazy Boy Meets World, Mr. Turner swerve right there.

• I barley remember that show. Thanks for the answer.

• Yes you can... with a couple of requirements. It should at least coordinate. I wore a dress leather with my navy-colored suit pants and black dress-shoes, a decent light-blue long-sleeved shirt and a navy tie. I received several compliments on my looks & also got the money from the Economic Development Committee I was after. So I guess it worked for me. Good luck.

• Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

• I used to do this a lot.My work required a suit tie - and I rode a bike.I think I looked pretty awesome.

• I hope to get my permit someday. Thanks for the answer.