Should I wear a leather jacket and a tie at the same time?

I usually wear a tucked in button up shirt and a tie when I'm not in school. I also really like my leather jacket. I was wondering if it is OK to where both of them together.

Girls, what do you think of this on guys?

link link link

I'm 6ft 2in, have dark brown hair, blue eyes, a fair complexion, and am quite muscular if it helps.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• Yes
  • No
  • See results
Disregard the third link.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• hmmm… well it really does depend on the guy. you have to know what your doing because it can go wrong. according to your description I reckon you could pull it off well.

my suggestion is just to make it work in a similar way that the second link shows. its more subtle than the other 2. he looks classy rather than a bad boy, you know?

• You're James Bond. You can rock anything!

Honestly, I don't know. It depends on the combination of tie and jacket.

• it probably depends on the specific jacket and tie... Some probably work, (like link 2...) and some don't.

• It's not typical but you might be able to pull it off if you are super good looking and sophisticated.

• if you can pull it off I say go for it

• It screams, "trying too hard."

• maybe not

• God no. lol

• Yea, that could look good too :)

• Not really. I think the two pieces clash, but whatever you think looks nice on you.

• Probably not. Your button up shirt with a leather jacket would be fine but with a tie, no. But try it on and see how it looks. Maybe if you kept everything in the same colour scheme (eg. black, grey, silver) it might look ok.

• Um. No, unless you can really pull it off but...idk.

• Only if you're really hot like guys in the pictures lol

• you shouldn't wear

• I'm kind of indifferent

• Yes but it has to be a leather tie, shixnit ;)

• yes yes yes, I love that

• you would look sexy I think.

• I think that if you want to

• Not a big fan

• No it doesn't look right.

• Um, I've got a hard time picturing somebody under 18 years old wearing that combo.

• Give me best answer. Because there is no reason why most young people would put together that combo unless they are too fashion obsessed

• Skinnier ties in solid colors look good with leather jackets. The "dad-suit" tie doesn't look as good with them.

What Guys Said 4

• That's some crazy Boy Meets World, Mr. Turner swerve right there.

• It varies, but I'm not super into the idea. Generally, I say reserve the tie for a suit or blazer.

• Yes you can... with a couple of requirements. It should at least coordinate. I wore a dress leather with my navy-colored suit pants and black dress-shoes, a decent light-blue long-sleeved shirt and a navy tie. I received several compliments on my looks & also got the money from the Economic Development Committee I was after. So I guess it worked for me. Good luck.

• I used to do this a lot.

My work required a suit tie - and I rode a bike.

I think I looked pretty awesome.