Is 5'6 short for a guy?

My boyfriend id 5'6 and think he is really short. He is a lot taller than me though. I'm 4'11 lol

Most Helpful Guy

• At 4'11" I believe you're legally classified as a midget. You may qualify for various forms of government assistance. Check it out.

• Midget? Lol I don't think so. I'm very short but I function normally, getting s job is a problem for me but other than that is normal. Heels can help a lot lol

What Guys Said 12

• 5 feet 5 inch is almost average height in most Asian countries. Arabs, Americans and people from part of USSR countries are taller, but most south and south east Asians are not so long. Your height might be considered a bit less than average - about 3 or 4 inch. Help him to over come this feelings.

• It can depend on both ethnicity and where you live. I live in the U.S., am 5'6, and considered short.

Your profile says you are in the Philippines. According to this link 5'6 is above average height for a male.

• I'd say it's just below average. Average male height for Americans is 5'9".

I'm 5'6" too and my fiancée is 4'8". Our size fits us perfectly.

• You're fiancee is really small, I think you're a lot taller than she is, but anyway relationship isn't about height lol. Hood luck to you and your fiancee ^_^

• If he is an Asian he is average

• Nope. He is Caucasian. He lives in Australia.

• then he is just about 3 inches below average male's height which is 5'9". he is not a midget though why he thinks he is short?

• Because he is shorter than his friends

• Does him being 5'6'' bother you? If so, how much? You're only 4'11'' so I would have thought you would be fine with it.

• It doesn't bother me but it does bother him. Lol he always say 'I'm short, I'm short' lol

• I'm 5'6 or so, pretty much always been the shortest of guys from my own generation. Does it really matter though? It's not like he's inconvenienced by his length.

• I suppose its short but if you like him for who he is on the inside, why care about his stature. Height is not always everything

• Yes. I like him very much. He is very nice, kind and sweet and cute too. He is 21 bit he looks younger like 16 haha.

• For my area I think that is fairly short.

• 5'6 is short for a guy.

• Yeah it is

• As a guy who is 5'6 more often then not I am the shortest in any given group.

• You are taller than my brothers lol. We are all short in my family

• tall for a guy whos girlfriend is 4"11...no worries

What Girls Said 3

• no it's not

• Compared to you he's tall, but compared to the average male height in the US, he's short. 5'9" is average.

• I consider it short! My height requirement is at least 5'10. My SO is 6' - 6'1. We have same height girl! lololol!