Guys how do you feel about girls with afros?

How do you guys feel about girls with afros? Short afros and long afros or just crazy hair in general ?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I LOVE black women, but I've always despised afros. The make people look like Chia Pets. Black women are now doing very appealing this with their natural hair.

• this kind link or this kind link

• They look fake to me. Like the costume wig :/

• I agree, but it goes beyond that even. Maybe the symmetry thing is thrown out of whack somehow or even overblown.

• It depends on the rest of the girl. That type of hair can look great on some and not so great on others. Imagine yourself with that kind of hair (if you don't have it), or ask your friends what they think about that kind of hair on you. Look in the mirror. What do you think? If it looks great, then it should fit you well.

• They aren't attractive to me at all. I like hair that flows down the woman's back, over any style that prevents that. Hair is the first thing I notice about a woman, so chances are, I wouldn't look twice at her.

• My favorite hair is straight, chin length or longer.

But afros may be my second favorite. Especially longish ones. That said, big hair looks best on petite women, a thicker woman might be better with a chic, shorter cut.

I like wavy/curly hair the least. I grow more then enough of that on my own head.

• A big soft fro can be sexy as hell or awful. Depends on the girl wearing it. I don't like hair that's stiff and spikey though. It should be soft. Beyond that I'm a guy. What do I care? :-D

• I agree , depends on the person. I've seen some pretty awful fros

• Coming from a Multi Mixed Nationality guy that has dated African American women, I love all types of afros other than the short short afro. Other than that, it's all good.

• As with most things it depends on the person. Some girls really pull them off well and other don't really pull them off at all. It depends on the person.

• well...some blanket statements are true. For the most part, white men aren't interested in black women. Sure, there are some, but most aren't.

• They are drooling and fawning over my afro ill tell you that much

• I didn't mention anything about white men in my question hun.

• If she's got a nice heart (personality) and she loves me... It doesn't matter to me what hairstyle she has, she can be bald for all I care, but I prefer girls with long shoulder length or more (feminine) hair that looks like these link or link or link or link or link or link or link or link or link well you get the point

What Girls Said 6

• on some it looks good on others not so much. Lol there was this guy in my English class who had an afro. I used to start conversations with him on why he should straighten his hair - he can put them up and do different hairstyles oh and how long would it take if he did straighten them. It used to amuse my teacher.

• Yeah, guys don't like "natural" when it comes to hair...

but for most of them, black women aren't on their radars, so it doesn't appeal to them either way.

I've actually heard guys say pretty bad things about afros irl, which I won't repeat since certain biased mods will remove my answer.

• you seem very fond of blanket statements

• I didn't mention anything about white men in my question. Seems like your ex left you for a black woman, poor you.

• I'm part black and my boyfriend now is white...

so...

• Honestly, you really shouldn't care if someone if a guy likes it or not. Do your hair for you not, not them. Plus, no one can speak for an entire gender. I have an afro, but never had a problem with it, with guys... when I got of the twa phase. But every one is different.

• Just curious as to what guys all over the world think about it. I'm not looking to change my hair in any way, it's natural this is how I was born. I love it and if a guy doesn't like it, oh well

• Exactly , a guy doesn't like it, you'll always find someone who will.

• I've gotten compliments from inside and outside my race. I've also gottena few insults from men mostly in my race , but not really outside it. I'm not saying that you'll find more non black. admirers. Some who dislike it ( who aren't. black) just won't voice it ( in person ) as much as someone who is black.

• Some girls can rock that hairstyle & some can't.

• I love my natural hair, which I guess is some kind of curly/kinky "afro" :D

I get a lot of compliments in real life and people think I'm pretty attractive in general, so it works for me. I love my kinky hair.

The only downside is shrinkage and that our hair is usually more fragile, more prone to breakage. Shrinkage is serious though. Some people are shocked at the length when I stretch my hair out. Its medium length (shoulders, upper back) in shrunken state, but I can pull it down pretty far from that.

Now you have me looking at hair p*rn :)

• I feel that only certain women can pull of an afro.