Girls: Do you prefer clean shaven or stubble on guys?

I haven't put full beards into the poll because I hate rocking full beards. It gets really itchy and I think it looks horrendous on me.

Do you girls prefer a guy who is clean shaven or a guy with some stubble?

Are there particular hairstyles that suit stubble or clean shaves better?

• Clean shaven
  • Stubble
  • No preference
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 20

• 1|0
  • Stubble is horrible. Not saying stubble looks bad but I hate when my face and neck get scratched to shit because of how rough it is especially in winter cause skins dryer.

• Depends on what the guy looks like. Like if he has some kind of young look or baby face then clean shaven, if the guy is like a rugged type guy some stubble or short beard. But I don't think it all too much matters.

• I definitely prefer decent stubble. It looks sexy and when you just keep it like that, it's soft enough not to irritate my skin. When my boyfriend shaves his face clean, it irritates the hell out of my skin when it starts growing back.

• Clean shaven but it depends on the guy stubble can look good too

• Totally shaven. When I kissed with my ex he had a stubble and it cut my lips so badly it felt like my mouth was literally burning the next morning.

• That's what brand new baby stubble (like, just breaking through the skin) does to my face. When my boyfriend keeps stubble on his face, just trimmed down, it gets softer

• It depends on the guy to me, some guys stubble works really nicely, other guys have problems growing beards, and it's more patchy or doesn't come in evenly, I guess in those cases clean shaven.

• Clean shaven.

• I like clean shaven

• Depends on the guys face... I think stubble is hot, but clean shaven is wonderful too :) just.. no full beards. But the guys at my age (17) they usually can't grow full beards, so its not an issue, except the nasty peach fuzz... *shudders* lol XD

• Clean shaven looks better on most guys

• clean shaven but I do enjoy the 5 o clock shadow on certain guys

• Clean-shaven, stubble, or full on facial hair. I really don't mind.

• No preference because it all depends of the balance a beard or no beard will bring.

• clean shaven. all over.

• I wouldn't care I think it looks sexy either way

• Depends on the guy

• Clean shaven. I hate beards.

• I prefer clean

• I like both, depending on his face and how it looks. The only problem with stubble is that while I like the way it looks, my skin's pretty sensitive and gets rubbed raw from it.

What Guys Said 1

• Here link

And here link

Although it will in part depend on the guy and how your facial hair actually looks when it grows.