I'm 18 and my height is 5.8 feet, what can I do?

I'm skinny and short, will girls like me? And how can I increase it?

Most Helpful Girl

• 5.8 really isn't all that short. You can go to the gym or ask a personal trainer what you can do

What Girls Said 10

• Firstly, I see no big deal with your height being 5'8. I have dated many guys who were this "perfect" for a short stop like me. But I can understand having this guy image, you might want to be a tad taller.

From my research, if you are lucky in the next year or so, Maybe an inch or two more, but that would be it. By 21, it is pretty much over, but I have read, that at 16, some guys just Stopped dead in their tracks. It depends on the person.

If anything, don't fret. Many guys out there would kill to be in your shoes..My goodness you are Almost 5'9.:))xx

• Lol short stop <3

• Some of us prefer the short stops over the models lol

• lol...Out of hundreds of guys, no one ever has complained...or stopped "preferring.":))xx

• Men don't stop developing until they are 21, so you have time.

Plus you are within normal height range for a male.

5'9 is average height, no one will notice an inch difference.

• i don't think 5,8 is short at all, I'm 5,3 and any guy over 5,5 is attractive to me (guys under are too but I look weirdly tall in heels next to them lol)

• Most men continue to get taller and fill out well into their 20s. But if you don't get any taller it's not a bad thing... At 5'7" I have dated men anywhere between 5'5" and 6'5" and has no less attraction to them because of height..

• Your the same height as me :3 and I wouldn't consider myself small! Don't worry technically males don't stop growing until their 24, although its at a very slow rate and sometimes you don't even see the difference..

Anyway, you don't want to be too tall, the oxygen gets thinner the taller you get, not good for the brain :P

• You can't increase it. You're still 18, though so until you're 25, you most likely are going to keep growing. Don't be insecure about your height though, 5'8 isn't what I call short.

• Well, you aren't short. You may grow more as you get into your 20s. :)

• I was 14 when I was your height. I'm 18 now and I'm 6'1. I don't think your all the short though. You will probably still continue to get taller though.

• I'm 5'5 so you're taller than me. As long as the guy is not shorter than me I'm fine.

• do you mean 5 foot 8 inches or literally 5.8 feet?

As a 5'2" girl, most guys are taller than me, so if you are 5'8" I have no problem with that!

And if you are 5.8' well, I'm not going to be turned off by your height, but if you focus on your personality, you can have a big presence, even if you are not physically big. then you can get girls attention!

What Guys Said 5

• 5'8" is not short. And there are many many other more important factors about you that women care about. Worrying about your height is totally pointless. Focus on dressing well, washing your hair, shaving, and other things related to looks. But more importantly, don't forget about your attitude, sense of humor, education, etc. That matters more.

• Confidence. I've found girls like a guy who doesn't get affected easily by things and can put up with the shit world throws at them.

Smiling also helps! If your going about doing your regular bizz and your smiling and it looks like your having a good time you will "glow". Generally people gravitate towards happier fun looking Individuals.

I mean I'm not a girl, so I can't speak for them, but I can assure you no one likes a whiny Debby downer. Good LUCK!

• I'm curious about people that just try and act confident or that smile even while feeling like shit inside. I imagine that feels horrible. I personally show my emotions for the most part. Sometimes I'll look neutral but I don't try and act ways I don't feel. I think a lot of people do what you're saying and I find that fascinating. I would like to understand it better.

• Exposure can help, but there are people that have had lots of exposure that still feel nervous.

• Yea I know some people like that I used to be one of them back in middleschool, I didn't talk to many people. But When I hit High school I started talking to new people I made a lot of friends and got in a serious relationship.

Recently I've gone up to some girls I smiled at them called them cute, yes it takes some courage ill admit, something I'd NEVER do if I was the person I was back then.

Some people have built these thick walls of security, that are going to be hard to break.

• if a girl won't date you because of your height then iam pretty sure she's not worth it. 5'8 is average not short, count your blessing you could be a lot shorter

• You will most likely grow a little more heightwise. In terms of muscle, go join a gym, or start doing some pushups and take some protein too. I know some people that are shorter in height, but their muscle mass makes them look inches taller.

• If you're 5.8 feet tall, then that means you're ~5'10". If you're 5'8", then you're still around average height for males. So what's the problem?