How often do you shampoo your hair?

Pretty simply question: How often do you shampoo your hair?

and if you wish, how often do you put conditioner in as well?

• At least once every day
  • At least once every other day
  • Twice a day
  • Once a week OR longer
  • Whenever I feel like

Most Helpful Girl

• Once a week. I have curly hair, so it doesn't hold the natural oil of my hair as well- the curls stop the oil from the scalp getting through my hair- creating dry frizz. Shampoo strips the natural oil from your hair, which obviously makes the problem worse. It's actually bad for your hair to shampoo too much.

I condition 2-3 times a week, depending on the weather, if I want to do something in particular with my hair etc.

The rest of the time (after workouts etc.) I just wash my hair with water and leave it at that.

What Girls Said 54

• I shampoo my hair every other day, and use conditioner every day. My hair always gets messed up when I sleep, so it's just easier to make all of it wet and let it dry within minutes, rather than style it to death with lots of hairspray for half an hour or so. I still put conditioner in it every day to maintain it's softness.

• I wash and condition my hair almost every day, except sometimes on weekends, since they are just lazy days. haha

• once a week, I bleach my hair so it doesn't get greasy looking until the 6th night though its still healthy and not fried

i condition twice a week

• i condition every time I wash it because I want it to stay healthy. I get split ends really easily but my scalp gets greasy easily too :( I know it's not good to wash every single day so I try to wash 5-6 times a week. I said B.

• Usually two, but sometimes three times a week, max. I have dry hair so washing it a lot is bad for it. I always have to use conditioner whenever I shampoo. It I don't, my hair looks stringy and weird after. Shampoo and conditioner go hand in hand for me.

• Once a week, my hair doesn't really get greasy, though I shower pretty much everyday.

• Once a week. I use dry shampoo for the inbetween days.

• Lucky you, I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, my hair gets VERY oily :(.

• The dry shampoo doesn't work for you? Try hitting up the hair with a curling iron, that should help. :)

• Usually every other day, occasionally two days in a row.

• Every other day and as far as the conditioner goes, I use that everytime

I wash my hair.

• In the summer everyday sometimes twice a day.

In the winter, sometimes I skip a day only because it gets so dry.

• I don't wash my hair everyday every other day or every two days otherwise my hair gets dried out. But I have long hair so I always use conditioner when I was my hair otherwise I'll never get a brush through it

• Every other day

• I shower every other night other wise the shampoo just strips the hair of natural oils and just is a disaster. I use conditioner everytime because my hair is so thick.

• Wash/shampoo once a week. Conditioner I leave a little in after I wash it so my scalp doesn't get too dry and to protect my hair from heat and weather.

• I have really curly hair and washing with harsh detergents like shampoo only strip my very needed natural oils that are beyond necessary. So I just wah with conditioner every few days.

• Every time I take a shower, which is everyday. I want to switch back to my cleansing conditioner tho because I hate using shampoo.

• I am going to start the "No Poo" movement. Where you use baking Soda once or twice a week to naturally clean your hair. You use Apple Cider Vinegar and water to condition it. After a few week your hair will regain it's natural oils and shine/strength.

• Every day. I can't shower and not wash my hair... it makes me feel like my shower was too short, haha.

• I wash my hair everyday and I use shampoo almost everyday except I feel like not usjng it. Hahaha I ise conditioner everyday.

• i only wash my hair once a week.. sometimes I can go for two. hah. it's not gross. promise!

• I shampoo it every other day OR every couple of days. Mostly every couple of days. And yeah I was using a leave-in conditioner for color treated hair but I'm going to go back to using just regular in-the-show conditioner

• I love washing my hair.

I don't think it's best for me to wash everyday so I wash at least 3 times a week. I condition my hair everyday though.

• Twice a week and I use dry shampoo too

• i shampoo twice a day every day. I use conditioner only once, I use it only every morning.. at night, I use hair serum. my hair isn't dirty or anything, I just love to shower and wash my hair cause it relaxes me. I also love the smell of my hair and body. it just becomes a habit. :)

• I shower every night, but only wash my hair every other time. I always condition after shampooing

• Everyday, sometimes I don't on a Sunday if I know I'm not going to see anyone

• Every other day unless I put product in (wash it that day too) and conditioner is a must every day.

• Once a week.

• once or twice a week

• Daily, I don't feel clean if I don't wash my hair everyday. I have heard that is not a good thing, but I will just have to live with it :)

• More from Girls
    24

What Guys Said 8

• When I work out, which is 3x a week, and the odd other time. I use a very gentle shampoo.

Shampooing frequently is not good for your hair. It's amazing how everyone buys shampoo and then spends a ton trying to undo the damage from shampooing too much.

• Once a day, although I use conditioner less otherwise my hair gets greasy quicker.

• I'm a black guy, and African hair doesn't create a lot of natural oil, so I only shampoo once a week.

• Twice a week. Enough for me.

• Daily, don't use conditioner.

• I like doing it everyday

• Every other shower, as is stated that that's supposedly best for your hair

• 2-3 times a week