Why are girls walking in around in just bike shorts?

Lately heaps of girls have just been walking around in in just black bike shorts where I live (it's summer here) what is up with that?

Wouldn't it be better to wear normal shorts as the bike shorts look funny or wear a skirt over the top at least?

I did't use to see that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, in my area of the world track shorts are the most common thing girls wear in warm weather.

But I can see why bike shorts are common

-Breathable and comfortable (like track shorts)

-Tight, so they show off her legs and give nice curvature to the ass.

Leggings, yoga pants and track shorts also look funny and weird when they aren't worn with other similar pieces of clothing or for the right purpose (those girls don't do yoga). However, that isn't the point. The point is that they are all comfortable and can add some better looks to the legs and ass, something many girls are insecure about. Also, many girls enjoy male attention, even if it isn't "intended" or if it's the wrong kind of attention.

That's my theory, at least.

What Girls Said 4

• Girls do that here in Indiana and it's below 0 degrees here. Then they can't understand why their cold wearing a tank top and shorts while it's snowing...

• lol girls do that where I live as well in winter. I have seen the opposite on a hot summers day as well where they are all dressed for winter lol though not as common

• lol I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm the kind of person who dresses like it's winter in the summer. I'm not wearing a down coat or anything, but you won't catch me without skinny jeans and some kind of jacket/hoodie in 80 degree weather

• maybe they think they look hot in them or it makes them look more appealing to guys

• haven't seen that. maybe it's the sequel to the yoga pants phenomena which I've also never seen.

• I would go with its a trendy thing it seem to wear those yoga pants and anything tight.

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe for the increased attention... probably to somehow signify that they aren't wearing underwear. Because apparently, wearing underwear with bike shorts for women is REALLY dumb and will just chafe the hell out of you (says google link )

Or maybe they're just doing it to stay cooler, who the hell knows. I'm not an expert on clothes, just logic lol

• why you complaining?

• no complaints here bro... :)))