Taylor Swift says "Short hair, don't care!" Do men like short hair on women?

Taylor Swift sais "Short hair, don't care!" Do men like short hair on women?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are there guys who prefer short hair on a girl? Yes, a few. But let's put it this way. Are there guys who look at long hair on a girl and think, "Wow, that's unattractive"? Very few, if any. By contrast, are there guys who look at short hair on a girl and think, "Wow, that's unattractive"? Yes, very many.

If you want to significantly increase the number of guys who find you attractive, don't have short hair!

And it's not just an issue of physical attractiveness. Presentation sends a message. When I see short hair on a girl, I think she basically is less likely to be a girl I want to date. I get that vibe from her. I don't know what the details are in her specific case. Maybe she's a lesbian. Maybe she can't be bothered to take care of long hair (which is an unattractive personality trait in my view). Maybe she doesn't care about looking good for men (I would want her to want to look good for me, but I can't force her to feel that way). Of course, there are many perfcetly nice short-haired girls, but I'm just talking about the vibe I get and why. And in Tyalor Swift's case, it may be justified, if she really is telling the truth by implying that she doesn't care about looking good for the opposite sex. I want to look good for my girlfriend. I don't think that's a bad thing. I think it's a good thing. And I'm glad that my girlfriend feels the same way about me.

What Guys Said 27

• No.

Since the beginning of history, long hair has been a symbol of female youth, health, and beauty. As people get older, their hair tends to thin and become less healthy, making longer hair less feasible, which is why most 50-year-old women adopt the short "sensible" hair look. Many lesbians do the same. Thus, most men see short hair and think "she's either given up, or never cared what men think about her appearance."

Sure, one in 100 young women can pull off a short haircut and still look attractive, but 100 out of 100 women will look MORE attractive with longer hair.

Women often encourage other women to cut their hair short, and I'm positive that at least SOME of their motivation to do so is to knowingly reduce that woman's attractiveness to men, thus reducing the competition to themselves, even if only theoretically. And most women go through an "I don't care" phase like Taylor Swift, where they chop off their hair, but most quickly figure out that male interest at all levels diminishes, and vow never to do that again.

• Your last paragraph is spot on! Everytime I see chicks on here telling girls to cut their hair short (not shorter, but short) or when I hear a girl tell another girl to cut her hair short, I question her motivation.

Then again, girls do have a different perception of beauty than women

• Short hair can look good on some women, but women always look better with long hair.

• Whatever Taylor Swift says we think the exact opposite. No style sense there--she does have professionals dressing her, y'know, but no sense of style on her own.

• Depends on the girl, and depends on the shape of her face, if the short hair can compliment or subtract from how she looks. but I always thought that longer hair was more attractive no matter what.

• no no no no no! 1000 times no.

• Long hair is feminine and sexy

• I absolutely hate short hair. I am actively un-attracted to girls with short short hair.

I don't know why. It just is. Lol.

I have friends who have short hair, I like them as friends, but I am just not remotely attracted to them.

• NO.

• I urge more women to cut their hair short, nay, even shave it off. More women for me. Honestly, the men here, bunch of whining pansies! "Eww, her hair is a little shorter, she's now a fugly bitch!"

• Nooope. Long, natural hair. No dying, no styling, no layering, perming, straightening, curling, no bullshit. Just fucking hair. Mmmmmhm.

• I like girls with long hair (mainly), but I can love a girl regardless. Beauty can be determined in many ways.

• It depends on the girl. Some girl look good in short hair, some long. But that is not very important to me when meeting and getting to know a girl.

• If I wamted to date somebody with short hair, I'd turn gay and date a man. I don't find short-haired girls attractive at all.

• I imagine if you lined up a bunch of guys and had them choose you would find that they would pick short hair styles on women with more feminine features, but a wider range of features for long haired women.

• A pretty girl is a pretty girl, it's that simple. Audrey Hepburn is one of the most beautiful women who ever lived, and she looked every bit as good with short hair as she did with long.

• I prefer long natural hair. But it really doesn't matter - with everyone dying and curling/straightening nowadays... Hair is just hair.

• I LOVE girls with short hair! This is my personal fave! link link

• It depends. If you have face that will look good with short hair, short hair is awesome. The issue, however, is that most girls DO NOT have a face for short hair and thus look bad with it. Similar to how a majority of guys do not look good with beards or long hair.

Do you notice how the majority of people that tell a women they look good with short hair are other females? THIS IS A SIGN IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD.

• I've always been partial to long hair.

• Looooooooong hair are by far much more sweety and attractive

• There are very few girls that can rock short hair; but those that can are often very attractive. But I prefer girls with long hair

• no, long hair, to shoulders at least, almost always looks a lot better on a woman.

• Long (at least to shoulders) and natural hair is most beautiful. Short hair looks too masculine on most women, it's a very, very small number that can fit to this kind of hairstyle.

• It can be attractive but in my opinion everything makes up the awesome beauty of an awesome woman.

• Also don't you think that Taylor Swift house one of the sweetest faces and lips in Hollywood?

• Some women can look nice with short hair, but most are best with long hair. We all know long hair is harder to take care of, but it's worth it at the end. Trust me. Guaranteed.

• No. Very few guys like short hair. In fact I have seen couples break up, because the woman cut her hair, and the guy was no longer attracted to her. The myth of guys liking short hair is because women keep telling other women, that it looks good. I suspect most of those women on some level believe it is sexist for women to have long hair, while men have short hair. So instead of being honest, about why men and women have different hairstyles they believe what they want to believe.

The fact is that men suffer from baldness far more than women, and long hair looks like crap on a balding person. That is why men's fashion dictates that guys have short hair. Eventually small boys are taught to have short hair from the beginning just like their fathers. While women are taught to have long hair like their mothers. Once we have a cure for baldness, I suspect a lot more guys will have longer hair as well.

• Depends how short. Not a guy haircut. I don't like those short cuts that shear all the hair in the back of the neck on women. That's a flamboyant gay man's haircut. But that hair that goes above the shoulders but still long, I actually prefer that on women than really long fairy tale hair.

What Girls Said 7

• More guys find long hair attractive than short hair. All my guy friends would prefer long hair over short hair too.

• Confused to where that came from when even Taylor Swift herself doesn't have short hair.

But I think it looks great one some women.

If she has the features for it, then she can rock it well.

Some women end up looking more manly than they did previously.

It doesn't go well with every body.

People should choose what goes according to their facial structure.

• Who cares what men like!

Come here, I have to tell you a secret!

*whispers* "Most of the men you will ever interact with are forgettable moments on the timeline of your life! Most of the men you will ever experience romantically are substitutes for your true life partner! :D " Isn't that lovely? That means: You can be whoever the fuck you want, rock whatever style delights you, and it doesn't matter if 9/10 or even 10/10 guys don't like it because most of them couldn't be less influential to your womanhood. : ) Have a blessed day!

• I believe long hair looks way better than short hair. I mean, some women with very pretty faces can rock short hair, but in my opinion a woman always looks better with long hair.

• Unless you have a really nice face AND body, short hair tends to make the average woman look less attractive. So, I would say for those guys who don't like short hair, can only over-look it if the girl has other attributes that tooooo perfect for the guy not to notice... Otherwise, the girl is closer to looking like a dude! which will push away a lot of guys.

• Most girls with short hair look like lesbians

• No just like women don't like long hair