Guys, do you prefer long or short hair on a girl?

The question above ^ Also, is there any favourite hair colour you go by?

p.s. I know you will say 'it depends on the girl' etc. , but I just what your general opinion, not looking at the specifics :)

• Long
  • Short

Most Helpful Guy

• Long and black is my preference. What that means is that with all other things being equal I would choose the girl with long black hair over everyone else. If any of the other girls where better in other ways that I find attractive ( e.g. body ) I would pick themeven if they had shorter hair

What Guys Said 25

• Depends on the girl, I love short hair on girls who suit it... but if she doesn't suit it then long hair is preferable. Really depends for me, I wouldn't be a fan of very long hair although again one or two girls can get away with it.

• I much prefer long hair on a girl... Some girls can pull off the short hair look, but I definitely prefer long hair on a girl. As for colour... Well I've always had a thing for blonde's, but dark brown hair can look just as nice and attractive :o)

• I think shoulder length short hair is really sexy anything shorter than that is hard to pull off but it can be done. Most girls go for long hair so the short ones stand out more, at least to me

• Depends on the girl and the shape of her head. Although I prefer a woman with long hair, I have dated many with short hair. I guess it depends on how she looks with the hair style; if she keeps it neat it looks great but if sloppy or no care...regardless if long or short...it looks bad.

• You should know this by now. It's long hair. More feminine, more fun to play with, greater amount of styles to choose from.

• haha, I was just thinking wether I should cut my hair short or not :D

• I personally find long hair to be sexier on girls, rather than short hair. There are exceptions, though as it does depend on the girl like you said.

• Long!

• Long. I've dated mostly brunettes, but I don't have a hair preference that would be a deal breaker for any hot chick.

• Long

• shoulder length or longer usually does it better for me. Only certain girls with the right shaped face can pull of "pixie" haircuts.

• long %90 of the time

as for color... highly situational.

Although Black and Cherry red are especially attractive

• anything around shoulder length or longer is good. I do like some short hair styles though.

• Long and blonde.

• I don't prefer it, but I don't mind it if it fits the girl's face.

• long brown hair

• long but short doesn't matter as long as she cute or attractive ;)

• Long hair. I really love natural redheads, but it's impossible to find one.

• To me all that matters is personallity. But I guess If I had to chose Id say long and black.

• I like shoulder length to longer.

• Long and Black

• Few women can pull off short hair, similar to how few men can pull off a beard/facial hair/long hair. Generally, long hair looks way better.

• Long natural hair

• There are very few girls that can rock short hair; that said, my general opinion is that I prefer long hair, and preferably brunette but blond is ok; also if the redhaired chick is not (I've not yet seen an average redheaded girl; they seem to be either hot or not)

• Shoulder length or longer. Not short

• I like darker hair. So brunette or black. But any natural color is fine. I just like hair that the girl can rock. If she can rock short hair, then I'm all for it. If she can rock long hair, or hair up in a pony tail, then I'm for that. It's all about what she can pull off. Rather than a simple long vs short.

What Girls Said 4

• Pretty much all guys prefer short hair and for some, short hair is a complete turn off. I don't understand why. They get to have any hair length they want and they whine if women don't like their super long rocker hair, but somehow it's okay for them to overlook any girl who has hair above her shoulders.

• long hair are better

• I said A cause that's what my boyfriend likes best, he actually hates short hair on a girl lol

• Guys typical like long hair