Girls - is the sole reason you wear shorts under skirts to stop guys from looking up them?

Are you trying to stop seeing your underwear, booty or both mostly?

Is it just mostly guys you don't want to see up there or anyone?

Are there other reasons why you wear shorts underneath?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that it is manly if you are in a place that is windy you don't want to be walking down some street and have your underwear shone to the entire street and passers by. I have never really sat and thought that there would be someone trying to look up my skirt.

• Yeah there are some perverted men out there that try looking up skirts quite a lot.

What Girls Said 9

• I think this is so that you don't have to feel as restricted by wearing the skirt. If you have shorts under you can move around more naturally and not worry about embarrassing yourself.

• I have a little body which makes my skirts ride up a little more than they should especially when they are more flow-y . I wear really short shirts under my skirt just to feel more secure. It hides a little more skin that you didn't really plan on being exposed.

• Usually to stop guys from looking up there but wearing shorts also makes me feel warmer when it's cold outside.

• No it's to prevent having a Marilyn Monroe moment if there was to be a Sudden wind

• same idea. also, I think marilyn did that on purpose. she knew what she was getting into when she was wearing a dress

• Yep and my English teacher said she would sleep with anyone who gave her little bit attention. She had a mental illness or something he said. And that's how men used her they'd compliment her, use and discard her. Called her a blonde bimbo

• Security, Some times its just easier not having to worry about your panties showing all the time.

• Guys and the people too but mainly because we want to be comfortable.

• Comfortable as in you don't feel naked because you have something around your legs?

• I went to a Catholic school, so I'd wear shorts under my skirt because I wouldn't want to climb the stairs and flash someone in the event that holding on to it wasn't good enough, haha.

I don't do it now because I wear more business casual attire. You don't need shorts if you're wearing a pencil skirt.

• You don't have to worry about accidentally showing your underwear and you don't feel as cold and you can do more without worrying all the time like if your clumsy like me or hang upside-down off something. It's just more practical.

• You don't to have to think about your ass hanging out of your skirt everytime you bend over slightly at the waste, god forbid you drop something on the ground.

What Guys Said 1

• only if it's a short skirt