Do you like the old fashioned sheer stockings women still wear, or do you prefer the opaque leggings?

I find the opaque leggings of current fashion much more attractive. The sheer stockings always look they're about to run and they show defects, and don't have the overall shaping effect that solid color leggings do. Nor do they provide the kind of color contrast with the rest of the outfit that modern leggings do.

Please rate the question!

Most Helpful Girl

• i like blck or beige "pale cookie" semi sheer with tiny hearts

What Girls Said 7

• I think a skirt/shorts can get super short with opaques and just seem playful, casual, even professional and not as transparently (AHAHAHAH bad pun) sexy. I love black opaques with micromini skirts. It lets you wear the skirt that would otherwise be way too risque to the office or out during the day. Plus it means you are way less restricted by wearing a skirt than with sheers. You can spin, jump, sit in the grass, etc and not worry that the whole world is seeing your underwear or crotch. Definitely the modern girl's choice!

Please note that I am talking about sheer tights and opaque tights. Leggings (as in no feet) worn as pants is a different fashion question. One that, personally, I don't find very attractive unless you are exercising or lounging at home.

• I like the opaque leggings, you can play with colors and textures. And they don't itch like the old ones did.

• I really like wearing solid black thigh high socks. I like the edginess (and sexiness in my opinion) of thigh highs as opposed to full coverage leggings. What do you guys think about them?

• Me, I like the full coverage..it's classy and demure, and not so darn distracting!

• I ma be young, but I'm an old fashioned gal at heart. I love all really fine, quality sheer hosiery, be it nylon stockings, pantyhose or tights. Especially the older vintage/retro types. I'm kind of a hosiery and high heel junkie.

• i like both! I like leggings for casual/cute situations. and when I want my butt to look cute lol. but when it comes to formal events, I like a dress with dark nylons and high heels. it just has a subtle somewhat classy/sexy appeal. for both leggings and nylons though, if not worn just right, a girl can look trashy...

• Like both but usually wear sheer unless its a cold day

• I hate stockings and if I have to choose I'll go with leggings.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm a fan of sheer stockings on a girl if I'm honest, opaque leggings remind me of two things...

1. Old School Uniforms girls had to wear

2. Middle aged business women

Neither of which do anything for me in terms of mental stimulation.

• Can you post some links for visual examples? I just want to get a better idea of the styles you're talking about.

• They are different clothing items.

• I think girls look much better in stockings/pantyhose/tights, when ever I see a girl in leggings with a dress/skirt over it (which is rare) it just looks weird to me that it stops at the ankle.

• i like wearing thigh highs and garterbelts.

• Mmmmm...You sound like you could be a lot of fun! I think a guy in drag is hot.