Black cocktail dress with gold design paired with RED sandals?

Soooo, Is it okaay? It's for prom and I'm gonna go with red lips,nails and shoes with a black dress that has gold designs on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it sounds great, and well coordinated. Have fun!

What Guys Said 3

• Not red.you want a sober color that won't clash with the black and gold. You want people's attention to be focused mostly on the dress.

I'd suggest a navy blue shoe instead of red. maybe with gold sparkles on it to match the dress.

• Can you give an example of what it'd look like?

• NO RED 'SANDALS'

What Girls Said 3

• I would try to bring out the gold designs on my dress, by getting a gold hand bag , gold earrings, or golden eyeshadow (whichever you choose).

Everything else sounds perfectly coordinated.

I hope you have a great time !

• It depends on how much the gold design on your black dress would stand out. If it's clearly visible I definitely wouldn't recommend wearing red sandals because gold is already a flashy and bold colour. It would look better with black heels probably. Or black heels with gold design if there's not too much gold on your dress.

link

Or this if you still want to wear something other than plain black shoes (Just the shoes): link

If it's just a plain black dress, then you could wear red sandals.

• Yeah and heels would be good.