For Guys and Girls .. Do you prefer a partner of the same color?

for example.. if you are white.. you date black.. and vice versa

and if you are Chinese.. you look for other races

Guys.. my question does not say : are you racist or not ?

no , this is completely not the issue.

I want to ask about the physical and sexual attraction

hope it become more clear now

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm black, but I find almost any race to be attractive, but my own (I'm gonna get cussed out now, huh?...).

White, Hispanic (drool), Aboriginal, you name it, I'm there.

It's really sad, and people sometimes say I'm prejudiced because of it. That's not the case. I don't HATE them..I just can't date them.

I'm down for trying anything once, so I am very open minded and gave it a fair shot. Some of them have been great, some of them have been assholes, some have been just...awkward. You can find those traits in any race. But that doesn't change the fact I am just not *physically* attracted to them, just like I'm sure many black men aren't attracted to black women as well. It's really nothing to take offense to. For all the women who don't like a certain type of guy, there is another group of girls ready to swoop him up. The same goes the other way. There's someone for everyone. People like what they like. It's just a matter of taste.

What Girls Said 9

• I get you, it's just another preference for a person just as colour of the eyes and hair colour etc.

I don't really have much of a preference when to comes to races and really don't have much of a solid preference to hair colour and stuff... I don't really care. I do however have ideals, like the person is preferably taller than me and maybe has shortish hair rather than shaved or really long. If I'm gonna pick and choose who I'm most likely going to go out with though, they would probably be white but then I mainly see more white people than any other races so I'm not as used to seeing other races and therefore I can't see myself going out with a black person (I don't mean it in a racist way though, if I befriend and fall for someone who is of another race then that's fine). By saying that having a preference over a certain skin colour is racist then basically it would be like saying a gay person is being sexist for not liking the opposite sex but of course that is totally not true... see my point?

• I'm black but I've never really been attracted to my own race. I'm usually attracted to most other races and go for white guys. It had to do with how I was brought up. I went to school with almost no black people until high school. Kind of a developmental thing.

I've been said I'm prejudiced all the time. Especially by my own parents. I'm not though!

• i don't specifically look for a particular race but I just seem to be more attracted to people of my own race and religion

• I'm not usually racially biased. I'm pretty sure I've found some guy from a different race attractive in one way or another. I am usually attracted to white guys though.

That being said, I'm Asian American dating and Indian.

• It shouldnt matter what color the person is as long as you both like each other!Come on we're living in the millenium.I thought this whole interracial dating dilemna was for the most part past us now.

• It doesn't really matter to me. I'm from the islands and dated guys from different race.

• I'm not fussed, I don't go out looking for a guy of a particular race.

• Yeah we all the same.. but my question says : what do you prefer ?

so for example,, if two guys are equal in everything except the race.. would you go with this or that

• That's impossible because no two people have the exact same personality so I would choose which person I gel with best and who has the best personality. If it was possible for two people to be exactly the same apart from their race I would choose a mixed race guy-they are the hottest.

• Generally. I'm black and I am more attracted to black men although I can find men of all races attractive and often do. I only date black men though.

• I prefer guys from around my race or closer to it...not because of any other reason except that I'm just more attracted to them.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm white, and I find women of all races attractive, though I prefer black women in general.

• I'm picky. I don't seem to find any women of a different race attractive at all.

• Mmm,, no one can blame you.. this is not racism as you know.. its just an attraction to specific type of beauty

• Dating have nothing with race.

• If you'r attracted to someone the race is the last thing you gonna think about.

I like everybody..

• I'm Chinese and I'm very picky, especially about habits in girls. I don't find black girls attractive (no, I'm not racist against black people, it's that I have preferences). I often go for asian or white girls (but not just any asian or white girl) whom I am emotionally and physically attracted to (for example: has to be a little on the nerd/weeaboo/otaku/geek/gamer side, certain hairstyle, etc.)