Fitness Outfits?

Alright so this may seem like a dumb question but please bear with me.

I am going to start working out again after not being able to for the past 4 years due to health reasons. I noticed that I have no fitness clothes or clothes that would be comfortable for working out. I mainly just have jeans, polos, business attire, etc.

Anyone have suggestions on what to get? I'll be doing weight lifting and cardio exercises as well.

Also, can anyone recommend a good armband (I think that's what they're called?) for an iPhone 5 that is good?

Thanks. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I just wear loose sweat pants and tshirt...i don't workout in cute gym clothes I wear them outside the gym...lol! I like to shop at academy its cheaper than dicks sporting goods and they have their own brand of workout clothes that's very reasonable and good quality its called bcg.

• Perfect. There's an Academy nearby and I just checked their site and the prices look very reasonable. Will be going there to check out some stuff.

Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• For guys athletic shorts and tanks or tees designed for working out. They're made with more breathable fabric and usually have smoother seams. Dicks sporting goods is great for athletic wear but it can be expensive. I'm sure places like target and walmart would do fine. I would recommend good cross trainers so you have the flexibility to do cardio moves and the thinner less cushioned soles for proper weightlifting.

• a plain old t-shirt would be fine. sweatpants or shorts. depends on how cold the gym is.

i know the gym I go to is pretty cold, so I usually wear a sweater. also depends on the time of the year.

just wear something comfortable!

• Seeing as you're wearing a Nike 'work-out' tank, I'll believe ya. :p

What Guys Said 5

• If you're buying stuff to wear, something in a fabric that dries much faster then cotton is a nice idea.

You don't want to work out in boxers. Get boxer briefs or briefs if you don't have them.

\

• Yeah, I hate boxers lol. Boxer brief man myself.

Thanks for the tips.

• For working out just slip on a tshirt and shorts its fine for cardio and weights but I do recommend compression wear if you plan on doing extensive exercise since it helps you recover quicker after training

For me when I do my training ill have a tshirt or singlet and compression shorts underneath a pair of shorts

I only wear compression shorts because my workout mainly is legs such as long distance running and leg weights though I do do some upper body weights for the balance and ill wear upper body compression when I do intensive upper body weights

But for you tshirt shorts will do

• I usually wear wind breaker pants or shorts depending on temp. And then I have an old t-shirt or wife beater (type of shirt) or nothing and I will start with a light jacket on if it's cold and take it off after I warm up. I work out in my garage to give you a frame of reference but this could go for anywhere.

As far as arm bands go any one you find off of amazon will do. No need to spend that much money on one.

• I wear Champion shirts and shorts. It's got some kind of special fabric to reduce sweating (wick-free is the buzzword). Works better than regular t-shirts/shorts. I got them at Target for like 10-12 bucks a piece. I try not to have everything color-coordinated because it seems kinda douchey, lol saw some girl with the whole get-up matching pink and black and it looks really stupid.

• Generally, I just stick with clothes that have no large seams in them, no buttons or strings, and are as basic as possible. When you're getting set up for an exercise, it sucks to have to always readjust because you've got a seam or something digging into your skin. So yeah, clothes that are as hassle free as possible is what I go for. I'd workout naked if I wouldn't get arrested, but apparently that's socially unacceptable.

As for iPhone bands, it would probably be best to just do a Google search and see which ones receive good reviews or look like they would be most comfortable for you.