Swimsuit for a guy who's had surgery?

Well I had three major surgeries on my abdomen in the last year and well, I hate my scars a lot. I think they look horrible, my abdomen just looks deformed and as a result I don't really want people to see it until I get surgery to help make those scars look better. So here's the deal..at my university we have a really amazing gym with two indoor pools and we can swim in it year round since it's indoors. While I don't want to wear a shirt, a friend suggested I could wear a cool swim top so I wanted your opinions on what you would think if you saw someone wearing this at your uni's indoor pool:

link

link

Would you think it looks cool? Would you think it's strange he's wearing that? Insecure? Well I am, don't like my scars :'(.

So what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there's anything wrong with those, they look cool! :) I might look twice and wonder why you're wearing it, but it's not like a tshirt or anything so I'd just shrug and probably wonder what you look like underneath it...hm, the mystery could be kinda hot! As long as you are confident, and don't act weird about it, I don't know why anyone else would.

(p.s.--you could probably go without the shirt--our scars always look worse to us than they do to others, but do whatever makes you the most comfortable. Good luck!)

• hahaha well that's a good thing then, that the mystery will be hot! and no, my scars are pretty horrid trust me :/ I used to like scars before but my surgery just left my looking like deformed. Ugh...

• Aw. :( Well if they bother you that badly, I wish you all the luck in getting rid of them. I (sort of) know what you're going through. Not with scars, but I've got a wicked case of psoriasis that ebbs and flows with a vengeance. I've just learned to ignore it, and act like myself, even when I want to hide, haha. Again--do whatever makes you most comfortable. It's your body, yknow? Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's cool. It's like divers , lifeguard wear. You'll look like you might be a hardcore swimmer that knows what he's doing. It's OK to wear it if you're uncomfortable about your scars being seen. Lol you could wear your scars as some sort of badge of honor to impress the ladies.

• Sweet that's what my girlfriend said too, that'd I'd look like I know what I'm doing hehe. And no no these scars are not the kind you show off.

• Neither are some other scars lol. But as long as you feel comfortable about it that's a good thing.

• Appropriate attire.

It's a swimsuit no body would think anything of it.

• I personally wouldn't think much of it. I mean people swim in tshirts and shorts (like clothes not swimwear) sometimes. Your links looks better than that to me. Obviously some people may be curious but it doesn't really matter. Have fun swimming and enjoy yourself.

• The important thing is to do what's comfortable. Many people think scars indicate a action and power, like you just got out of a fight with a wild tiger. However, if you're uncomfortable with showing them, I think those links above would work great.

• all scars are beautiful. so I think you should flaunt them. it could even bring up interesting conversations.

but if you're really that insecure about them, then the top should be fine.

• You should be comfortable with what you wear because you will act more confident. I wouldn't think anything of it if I saw someone wearing a swim top. I personally am very shy about my body so I wear cover ups ad swim shirts when I can (then again I don't enjoy pools) but you get my drift. You will not look insecure with a top but if you showed up in just your scars and felt awaked then others will pick up on it and think you are insecure about your body. good luck and have fun…do what makes you comfortable because they are not in your position.

• Show us a photo of your scars?

I think it's important for you to be comfortable so if wearing that outfit is going to help you then go for it.

• Nothing wrong with it at all, looks totally fine. FYI, I think scars are dead sexy :)

What Guys Said 1

• I know the feeling, brother. I have two 8 inch scars on both sides of my abdomen from my kidney transplants. Originally, I was self conscious about them. But eventually I accepted them. Besides, they are a chick magnet. I kid you not. Girls dig scars. Some obviously don't though. It's always funny when someone asks, I tell them I got sliced up by a samurai sword or got clawed by a tiger lol.

But anyway, I always wore a T-Shirt and did fine with that. However, the first link looks like a great idea and would probably be more comfortable than a standard T-shirt. Go for it. As for the speedos, I dunno. Around here, it's pretty taboo. But if you're comfortable wearing it and you don't think others will have a problem with it, go for it.

• We'll the thong looking speedos are kinda taboo but what is wrong with those? They're like boxer briefs?

• People, at least around her, will give you looks if your 'package' is showing too much. Those speedos look like they will show. Around kids, that's a no-no but at college, I think it'll be fine TBH.