Should looks really matter?

I had met this guy online a while ago and we hit it off instantly. It took a while but we are now in a relationship. I have been dating him for about 40 days now. I am not usually a shallow person but when I found out what he looked like I was a bit turned off and now I am not sure I feel the same way about him as I did before, I absolutely love his personality and I know that his looks shouldn't matter. But I do feel differently now and I'm not sure what to do. Am I a bad person? Any advice or thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Break it off. Yes, looks do matter, and if you're not attracted then you're just not attracted. It's nobody's fault, and it certainly doesn't make you a bad person.

If it helps, turn the tables a bit...imagine that upon meeting you he found out he was actually a bit turned off and not attracted to you. Would you want him to keep seeing you even though he felt this way?

What Guys Said 1

• This is probably not going to get better with time.

If you're not attracted, then it's not for you.

What Girls Said 1

• It's harsh, but sexual attraction is a big part of a relationship. If you don't see yourself ever being attracted to him, then eventually that unsatisfaction will leak into your relationship and poison it.