Why does black eyeliner look horrible on me?

I have fair skin red hair it is kind of a light red but not auburn or ginger :) and I have dark brown eyes and ton's of freckles I tried putting on eyeliner the eyeliner was perfect but it looked horrible with my skin color it was like my eyes were too dark and my skin color was too light and I don't want to get a fake tan because no one likes a CARROT! And I can't tan very easily so mainly I am indoors a lot. I tried pencil, and liquid both looked horrible on top and bottom life would be so much easier for me if I didn't have red hair. What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try a brown one. Black is probably too harsh for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• One of my redhead friends always complains about this; she uses a lot of colors that mesh well with her skin tone like greens and purples for eye shadow.

If you want to use eyeliner, go with a more brown than black.

• I would try maybe a brown eyeliner for both the top and bottom lines. I like urban decays eyeliner a lot, and i like Almays too.

• I personally like this raisin and copper colored eyeliners I found. I too think black looks too dramatic on me.

• Things don't work for everyone. Try different colored eyeliners. Brown, purple, green, but I think a bronze colored eyeliner will do just fine.