Are skinny girls considered unattractive now?

I'm just really petite in general, and I do have breasts that show and stuff, but my bodytype is just really small in general. I feel like media is now saying that curvy women are more attractive, and more guys are into curvy women. I kinda wanna get bigger, but I have high matabilism, and I've always been petite. So guys out there, truthfully, are skinny girls unattractive for you? I've started exersicing now and eating more food, and healthier food because I want to stay healthy, but at the same time, I look really petite and small.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Those who are bashing skinny people are no better than those who bash overweight people. Meaning, you shouldn't pay any attention to them. They're just bullies who are trying to feel better about themselves.

And since I'm skinny myself, yes, I've noticed this "trend" too. I don't remember exactly when I noticed it, but I do remember that this picture link was one of the first ones that I saw that seemed to follow this trend. Not only is it offensive to those who actually do suffer from eating disorders (very rarely do you get them by choice), but it also tries to perpetuate this idea that all girls who are slimmer than her are somehow anorexic? I don't really know, but that's just kind of the vibe I got from her and the picture. And what made me even more sad was reading all the comments on that picture. Most of them were all like "fuck yeah, REAL women have curves!" or whatever and I'm just like... I'm skinny... I barely have any curves... am I not a woman?

But anyway. You shouldn't really listen to people who shame skinny people. What's more important is that you love yourself for who you are, bones and all. And if any guy is actually prepared to not date you/dump you just because you're "too skinny" or you're not curvy enough, then they're not worth your time anyway.

What Guys Said 17

• Skinny girls aren't unattractive, unless you're deathly skinny like Holocaust victims are something. Beauty is mostly how you look in the face anyways. I'm sure you look fine and pretty damn hot without having to change anything. Don't worry so much about your figure, especially if it jeopardizes your health.

• I'm not sure if you're the same girl from yesterday, but it depends on the guy. Some guys are just not into this. I personally have dated mostly petite women in the past. It's just really hot to me for some reason and really is my preference. I'm 6' tall by the way and slim and toned. Most girls I've dated have been 5'2" to 5'4" and closer to 100 pounds. I love picking them up and don't get me started on sex. If other girls are reading this relax. Other body types are attractive too.

I've notice this movement lately too. I don't look at it so much as an attack on skinny women even though in a literal sense it kind of is. I think it's a way larger girls are trying to say they are attractive as well. I think thin is clearly the preference in society.

• It depends on your definition of "curvy". Many women seem to think that it means fat, or they try to twist it that way - most men don't find fat girls attractive. When men say we like curvy women though, what we mean is the hourglass shape, think Marilyn Monroe. She was still pretty slim. Most men don't like ridiculously thin women e. g. Miley Cyrus, she looks more like a 15 year old boy than a woman, not attractive at all. As long as you're at a healthy weight you're probably fine.

• I like petite girls with skinny waist. I mean as long as there hips go out and they have a shape its attractive, skinny girls have curves as well. Don't listen to magazines or what you see on TV, it just corrupts your mind! Trust me, someone will like you just the way you are, being healthy and fitness is a great thing though, its good for you but do it for you!

• Since obesity is the majority in America it has become fair game to mock those who are healthy. Be comfortable being you. You know you're healthy so you don't need the recognition of those people. Just be you.

• No, if the girl is attractive then it does not matter if she is skinny or curvy or average or a bit overweight.

• No, they aren't. Very few girls are considered unattractive, most of those have hygiene issues or are very obese.

• Curvy is quite sexy but as long as the girl has an ass and decent size boobs then yes it's very attractive as long as the girl is short

• I love petite girls, I love actual curvy(not fat/not chubby) girls, and I love athletic girls. You're fine, gaining weight won't nessesairly make you curvuy, it depends where the weight falls(hint: it shouldn't go to your stomach)

• it depends on the guys personal preference. What the media portrays is not necessarily reality

• Fuck the media.

Skinny and curves can be attractive.

I prefer mostly skinny.

• to me, I think every woman is unique. I go on the personality. its all on the inside.

• They're hot

• Petite is beautiful and it depends on what you mean by skinny cause girls confuse skinny with anorexia which is unattractive

• im not anoraxic, though I am quiet petit (short and slim)

• Not at all. Petite is still the most beautiful.

• Well part of the bigger problem would be you and other people looking at the media to tell you what's "in" and what isn't. You are what you are, and you aren't going to change it very easily or healthily. So better get used to it because you're in it for the long haul.

• Guys aren't allowed to find skinny girls attractive anymore. And since most girls aren't skinny, a guy who wants to keep his access to vagina needs to get with the programme and denounce being skinny. That's basically the situation.

What Girls Said 12

• As long as there are women, someone is going to be attracted to them.

Women come in all shapes and sizes. No matter what you have going on, someone is going to be into it, somewhere.

The expectations for the "Average" woman are insane. You have to have huge tits, a tiny waist, a huge ass, and look like a model. No one knows what a "real" woman looks like half the time because women are expected to look like flawless gorgeous models.

So don't worry about what everyone else wants, and just shape yourself after what YOU want.

• I have really petite skinny friends in college, and they're upset at statements like "Only dogs go for bones"

I get the frustration, because statements like that aren't fair. They're mean and hurtful.

Men have preferences just like women do. Some women like lanky guys while other women like very buff guy. Some women don't care as long as the guy is engaging and treats her right.

I think guys are just like women in this aspect.

Don't go trying to change yourself to conform to a new fad, preferences in body shapes change with the times and we see trends in the 50's, 90's and now. So just ride out this fad and remember that women got men even when their body shapes didn't conform with the popular idea of what was ideal.

• As a fellow petite and small female with a high metabolism (I literally can look at food and lose weight - it's kind of a problem lol), I can tell you that I get decent attention from guys so apparently not all of them think we skinny people are unattractive.

• I don't think the media is suggesting that at all, like what exactly are you referring too? I mean if you look at the women who are considered really hot, they're all skinny link on this list miley cyrus, kate upton and Mila Kunis are among the top 10 an they don't have curves link link link

You don't need to get bigger to be attractive

• Skinny is always better, media is wrong about everything. Guys always did and still do love skinny girls, but as you mentioned, media doesn't say that, because it is not profitable for them. The problem is not you, the problem at least in USA is that 75% of entire population is FAT! being skinny in overweight country is not popular as it is in other countries. Do not lose something that majority of girls would kill to have. You will find a guy that will love you for YOU and if you really upset about your weight, he will help you out with it and you guys would be even closer, because he felt for true your and your body that you have now, not then.

• No. Skinny girls are preferred. People are just jealous of them because they know they can't be as skinny.

• Some guys do like smaller girls and some like bigger. It all depends on their personal preference. I think the main thing all guys care about is that you are healthy

• Social media plays a huge role on this whole issue I think. Just worry about being healthy and take care of yourself. Every human beings body is different so as every persons opinion. Confidence is key I think and as long as you are comfortable in your skin

• I for sure am not skinny,and my body isn't built that way. But for as far as I can remember thin women have always been in women. Well let me correct that "healthy women" have always been in. Don't try to manipulate your body into having something that is not achievable, be happy in the skin your in baby girl.

• No, skinny girls aren't considered unattractive.
    But guys will still prefer a girl who has an hourglass or banana shaped body (if slender) to a girl who is petite with little to no shape.

Curvy does not (or should not) mean excess weight. Too many girls nowadays confuse excess weight and thickness as curves. Somewhere along the line society in the US went down hill.

• Curvy is not a bodyfat percentage, it's a shape. And gaining weight won't change it. You have breasts, so don't worry about all those skinny shamers. Most guys prefer slim girls with breasts, so you're lucky.

• skinny is what people like