How do you not wash your hair, even after a bedhead?

Im only 18 and my hair is thin, it used to be thick when I was kid because I didn't wash my hair as much, but now I wash it every time I wake up to get rid of the bedhead. I want to know, how do you not wash your hair every day but get rid of the bedhead mess?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear my hair in a braid every night.

Obviously that's not an option for you, but like the others said, you could just spritz your hair with water and comb it.

Overwashing will definitely make your hair thinner. Especially if you're not using conditioner. The detergents in shampoo aren't the greatest for your hair, and overusing it causes damage.

If you really like showering that much in the morning, you could just get your hair wet but not shampoo it, or use conditioner every other day.

What Girls Said 12

• Try hair serums to smooth out that bedhead. I personally use "AVON - ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Frizz Control Lotus Shield", it works a charm, and smells great!:) If you use hair sprays, gels, or mousse, after the second time you comb it, you'll end up looking like a grease ball. Also, I never use shampoo. I stick to shower gels like Playboy and Axe, and finish with Conditioner, usually Herbal Essences, the combination leaves my hair, smooth, manageable, and totally non-bedhead:) I only wash my hair every 3 days (investing in shower caps is weird but worth it). Lol

Good luck!

• You could just brush it or put a little water to smooth down any flyaway strands. Washing isn't necessary for something like that.

• Every tried just wetting or spritzing your your hair with water, instead of going through a whole washing routine?

That's what I do. I "pineapple" link my hair overnight. Take it down, spritz, tug and fluff.

• Probably just brush it out. Other than that, I have no idea, maybe a little product in the hair...Or like the second annon said just use conditioner

• Just don't buy shitty cheap shampoos.

I just wet my hair and blow dry it then I'll style it the way I want.

You don't need to wash your hair to get rid of the messy bed hair.

• That's why your hair is thin, you over wash it. If you have bed head brush and comb your hair.

• i have the type of hair where my "bedhead" looks nice, so I've got no problems there..haha

• i just use a comb and blow dry it

• I just spritz my hair with a little water when I wake up use a spray bottle and just spritz and use style products...i have very curly hair so I gotta wet it just a little.

• cut your hair to a decent length and you won't get bed head

• You are drying your hair out.

Use a daily leave in conditioner

• Well you can get it wet, you don't have to wash it.

What Guys Said 1

• Dude I don't know about the rest of these girls but that seems a little gross to me. How do you not wash your hair everyday? Do you not shower everyday or what...?

• I have long hair washing my hair everyday drys it out and ruins my hair. I shower everyday just don't wash my hair.