Seriously girls, if you were in Belle's shoes in Beauty and the Beast, would you have given the Beast a chance?

Or would you have ran away before you got to know what his deal was?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I would get to know him with the intention of friend-zoning him. I'm sorry, but he's a freakin beast. No girl in her right mind would look at him and want more. And if it turned out I liked his personality...awkward. Pretty convenient that he becomes human though.

What Girls Said 11

• No. He was a raging asshole in the beginning. Understandable now knowing his situation, but still. Also I don't believe I could touch nor fall for a really hairy guy such as the Beast lol personal preference. I think attraction physically is a factor in falling in love with someone. I guess Bell was either able to overcome that or really found the Beast to be sexy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• i'd f*** him sideways for that library, living situation and servant upgrade.

Just saying.

Plus, think about it. The slightly intimidating Beast in clothes, speaking english, and begrudgingly offering you a room in an obviously well-established castle vs. a scary forest with wolves where you don't know your way? I would definitely stay, which will force me to, in a way, give him a chance. I mean, it's clear 10 minutes into their awkward and terrifying discussion that he won't harm her yet the wolves made it clear they wanted to eat her.

Then, a highly choreographed song of harmony will obviously lead me to see there's 'something there that wasn't there before'. It's the logical ending. In reality? The chance would be slim since it's simply based on survival, so he'd have to reveal his sweet side a lot faster than he did in the movie. I won't hang out with an asshole for long no matter how good looking.

• of course. if I was in belle's situation with people chasing after me, then I guess so

• Nope not really I wouldn't have given him a chance

• Honestly, I probably would have ran. He would definitely scare me, because if you think about it, the first time he met Belle, he didn't come off as friendly and warm. And besides, in the beginning when he was still human, he was shallow and selfish, at least in the Disney version. But, later on in the movie, I did gain respect for him.

• nope I would have stayed I love animals LOL

• Well in the end he turned into a beautiful prince, but if he had to stay beast forever I would runaway for sure. I liek the question. Pretty original. =)

• That thing would eat me!

Yeah right!

I am not gonna mess with something that will eat me.

• No, I would not.

• No, I would not have. I am not attracted to him.

• After him being such a total jerk in the begining I don't think I would be able to fall for him...plus, he is an animal...gross. Like, I know he is a man turned 'beast' but if I were Belle I wouldn't =P

What Guys Said 3

• those who say no: you're defeating the puprose of the question

people can change

he was obviously some narcissitc selfish guy before he became the "beast", which taught him that looks aren't everything. so he changed how he acted, just because he met someone he felt was good for him, and of course she was.

someones gonna bring up the whole point of this is only a fairy tale, and that it didn't really happen, but the moral is what I said. people can and will change for the one they want to love

• Oh and I wonder if the beast ever got revenge on his day of "reckoning" for the person who turned him into the beast...hahah (sorry, listening to killswitch engages new single "reckoning", its about revenge)

• Very odd question here lol. But it's also surprising to see the girls mostly say no.

• Lovely question. You are going to get a bull sh*t response. All the girls are going to come out with their Disney fantasies and go, "Oh yes, because he has the heart of a lover...trapped in the wrong body." But oddly how all the girls don't put these theories into practice. They are swooned by the guys on TV and some dipsh*ts who clearly aren't after their hearts.