Does it bother girls if a guy doesn't want to look good?

i'm the center of attention from a lot of girls and they check up on my clothes, hair, face

if i look bad i get treated bad
if i look good then they get angry

i notice that that other guys don't get this same treatment and some look bad, ugly, alright, hot

the focus is always on me

Most Helpful Girl

• Does it bother girls if a guy doesn't want to look good?
    It may bother some gals and it may not bother some gals. I'm of the latter it doesn't bother me if a guy doesn't want to look good as I really don't care what people choose to do to themselves. However I probably wouldn't be interested in such a guy unless he was already attractive without caring about how his looks as to me a guy's attractiveness is pretty much what guys have to offer.

What Girls Said 12

• self-absorbed much?

Breaking news: the world doesn't revolve around you. People care less about you than you think. They have tons of other things to care about that YOUR looks.

• i would love if the world didn't have to revolve around me from other people but when you live in an apartment complex filled with a lot of girls and older woman who love to talk about you and give you attention whether you like it or not it's annoying

especially when other guys are available for that and they ignore them and only target me

but believe me
      i would rather have them ignore me than to pay me any mind

• then ignore them. Why do you care so much about what people say? Unless you like the attention, which I'm guessing you do.

• I don't care if you don't wanna look good that is your business but I still wouldn't date you

• As long as he showers and looks comfortable in his clothes. Although I don't think those girls notice you that much, maybe you just think too much about it?

• sounds a bit narcisisstic

• Obviously these girls are very judgmental. I like the guy to present himself well. If you are constantly wearing ripped and dirty clothes and you smell bad ill definitely be turned off. If you don't want to do your hair every single day I'd be fine

• No if she really likes him she'll think everything about him is perfect

• Yes it does. Because it means that you don't care about impressing us.

• there are other guys who can do that right? why should one guy be dependent on "impressing" you?

• Maybe they find u attractive

• YES, if you normally look good, stay that way. You have expectations now

• If he's a slob and messy then yes. That would be a problem

• I think is a fault respect to dont want to look good when being in a birthday this happened to me in my 19 birthday

• wait.. what?

What Guys Said 3

• Quit feeling sorry for yourself, brother - go buy some interesting shirts in your size (perhaps small?), well-fitting pants, fashionable sneakers and quit worrying about this ;)

• You should exploit your amazing personality and your drop dead gorgeous looks to market yourself.

If your really what you say you are, Ill be expected you in front of a magazine cover soon. Just make sure you let us fellow regular GAG members know which edition to buy ;)

• I didn't care about my appearance one day either, and I got ignored by every girl. I didn't give a F***.