Is it weird that I am jealous of myself in pictures?

Before I use to have mild acne, but was so confident. Now, my acne has cleared up a bit and I have few acne scars, but I am so insecure. Looking back at pictures, old and recent, I look really good and I just feel so jealous of the girl in the picture which is me, but its weird. is it that i just look so good, since I am insecure, i want to be like "her". Any tips to feeling great? I heard that looking at pictures where you look really good helps so you can recreate that look again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I funnily enough have been through a similar experience. Around the age of 15/16 I was VERY insecure, depressed and lonely. I thought I was honestly the ugliest girl alive. Last year when I looked back at older pictures of that time, I felt the exact same as you. I couldn't believe I was so insecure about myself and I even went for a haircut solely just so that I could resemble myself a bit more as I did when I was that age. However it didn't work because I realized I'm older firstly and I've changed. The person who I was back then, is not the same person now completely. Despite trying to look like I did, I still couldn't make it happen because something inside of me has changed as well which reflects on the outside I guess. I don't think it's weird just because I know what you are talking about. My tips to feel great is to try something NEW. Don't. Instead of fussing with the old, start looking forward and try something new and different. A new fashion style. A new hair color. A new hair style for that matter too. Anything. We have to get older, change and grow up. These things are bound to happen so it's best to embrace that and enjoy the excitement of change.

What Guys Said 3

• Jealousy comes in generally when someone has something that you don't while you want it passionately.

If I go by what I just stated then do you subconsciously want your acne back? Seriously though - does your mind believe superstitiously you were more confident and better when you were that way?

Another way of looking at it is, when one tends to look good etc they are afraid of losing it hence, it may well be inferred that you are scared of going back to that stage of having acne and stuff while misinterpreting how you feel about it?

I'm just wildly thinking aloud young lady though logically, I'm obviously no authority on this and I'm quite bewildered myself on this :) I'll be glad if someone does come up with a proper answer :)

Good luck :)

• I am scare of being the girl with mild acne again, but i just want to be confident

• Egg whites are very useful for controlling acne & doing away with scars. I'd posted a link here but mentioning it's not a question but GAG took it down yesterday.

Ah here's the link in. lifestyle. yahoo. com/... gg-whites-072218562. html check it out it will be useful :)

• No matter what you do, you cannot be that girl in the picture again. You can change how you look now. Acne scars is not the a relationship killer. List the positive things about yourself and run with it!

• But some of the pictures are very recent, i am glad to hear they aren't

• It's called being a narcissist. Lex Luger was one and anyone who loves looking at themselves in the mirror

What Girls Said 3

• I think its normal lol. I think a lot of people think omg I was way hotter back then but really dont forget whos that girl in that picture. Thats you. I think tp feel confident yu just habe to get thoses thoughts out of your head and keep positive ones in. Fake ot untill you make it. Maybe get ance scar cream and start tellig youeself that you're beautiful cuz you are

• You should be proud of your beautiful clear skin! Flaunt it! Having clearer skin should make you feel more confident that your body is maturing and growing out of it's immature ways!

• I guess but i have leftover acne scars

• Key word small acne. People can still be goodlooking with it, but they look much better when it's gone.

• Your right ! But i dont think it affects someone's beauty

• Im so confused, your jealous of yourself? Yea thats pretty weird.

• Yes its weird, like how i look in pictures

• Yeah its easy said but hard to do

• ik it will take some time, no doubt about that