Will my freckles ever go away?

(Sorry this is kind of a random question) Anyways I have had freckles since I was 5. And I hate them! they are annoying I can't go in the sun otherwise more will appear and guys make fun of me for them? One guy grabbed my arm and tried to play connect the dots with my freckles because I have so many I am literally covered in freckles. I have freckles all over my face I hate them so much but I was told that freckles go away and my dad had them as a kid and he doesn't have them anymore is this true? I am only 13 and I can't tan and I can't wear makeup so I don't have many options to get rid of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same plight as you, red hair and freckles. When I was your age, I read in a magazine that lemon juice would fade them and I diligently applied lemon juice several times to no avail. Mine have faded somewhat and I do still feel like a giraffe but I forget I have them and I don't think about them anymore. The guys I date now say they're "sexy." Whatever, everyone has something they'd like to change about their appearance. It will bother you less as you get older so you may as well just embrace it.

What Guys Said 2

• Oh trust me, the making fun of you thing is only during the teen years, or early teen years. Freckles are cute anyways. Do you have red hair?

• yeah I have red hair

• ^_^ I knew it! The only people with freckles seem to have red hair. One person said... If one of your parents had freckles that went away when they got older, than there's a good chance yours will too.
      answers.yahoo.com/.../index

• Well, the only people with lots of freckles seem to have red hair. I have a few brown freckles with my brown hair.

• From what i know they don't go on their own. I'm not sure though. Maybe they fade away a bit but they won't go completely.
    BUT thanks to Technology you can get rid of them at dermathologists. There's some kind of laser that is also used to treat acne scars and it helps treat freckles. Just saw it at a tv show last week. Don't remember what the name of the treatment was.

• Unfortunately kids are really mean, but they might look great on certain people. Maybe that guy didn't see it as hurting you, maybe you should tell people you don't like to be made fun of because of a skin condition that you didn't ask for. search for a dermathologist to talk about it. Tell your mom and I know there's a lot of pressure but be careful and don't go on that road of "i need this modified, i want bigger boobs, i want my nose like hers".
      Take care !

What Girls Said 4

• guys actually think freckles are really cute. I've never met someone who hated mine. you can try the fading cream. but thats really not going to help bc you'll just get more later on. its just your skin type/genetics. there's nothing you can do. just accept it and you'll be able to live with it. there's no need for makeup!!

• They usually don't go away.

Embrace them! My mother always told me that each freckle was an angel's kiss. Lame, I know... but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

• freckles are edgy, not everybody has them, guys like them when you get older...

I think her's are fake:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/123637952244044216/

• why don't you just get a fade cream it helps get rid of spots, just go to the ethnic isle