Girls who wear running/sneaker shoes with fitted jeans?

What's your opinion on them? I know it may not be that feminine.. but I do wear em with my shorts sometimes too. I think it makes me stand out from all of my schoolmates who just mostly wear vans. (Not that I have anything against it but it looks weird to me..)

Asides from that, I like to wear em because it makes me feel sportier lol. And just in case there's an emergency in school, I can always make a run for it without a hassle.

And I also found out that my all time favorite singer Freddie Mercury wore sneakers with jeans when he performed sometimes! What a classic xD haha.

But what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, Freddie did sometimes perform wearing jeans and sneakers, but sadly he rarely wore underwear! I believe that when one is selecting an attire, wearing underwear is effectively the "hub of the wheel"; the very warp and woof of good fashion. Freddie would occasionally wear white jeans and white sneakers when performing, and at least on one occasion he went for a high note and messed himself, which of course created an ever-expanding brown blemish in his buttocks area. Fans were of course sickened by this, and although Freddie found it hilarious, his band mates were furious. Jeans and sneakers are fine together, but don't forget to put on you underwear!

• LOL oh my gosh. Even if this was mostly irrelevant, it was actually funny at the same time haha. Nice to know I guess!

• Hahaha! Definitely a classic as well

• ; - ) ; - ) ; - )

What Guys Said 1

• Doesn't really look bad on a girl. I think it looks worse on guys with jeans. Running shoes with jeans on a guy looks stupid to me and very tight jeans looks bad on a guy to me as well. I normally wear nicer shoes with jeans when I go out but running shoes/tennis shoes I will wear with and shorts, then it looks fine to me.

What Girls Said 4

• Are you asking if women wear sneakers with clothing in general? bc i dont understand how else we would wear them? Are you saying you wear them with shorts not jeans, or that you rarely wear them?

sneaks are a multibillion $ industry. many women wear them regularly. thats why your Q is confusing m.

prsonally i dont like how they look-on anyone. woman man hermaphrodite... but i wear them bc they are good for active lifestyle its healthier for your feet knees back etc. but i dont really li most of the looks aesthetically.

when i wear them i wear them with anything. jans pants skirts shorts... but i prefer boots.

• I dont worry bout looking feminine though i dont think sneaks are specifically feminine or un feminine.

There are many ways to be 'feminine' and many other ways than feminine to be period.

• I thought vans were trainers (sneakers) too? Everyone has their own take. Depends on the trainer-trouser combination I guess. I always wear knee high or mid-calf boots over my skinny jeans. I just don't like the look of skinny jeans without the hem being covered. I do wear high-top type trainers with my shorts if it's too cold for sandals. I don't like the Freddie Mercury look... it was acceptable in the 80s.

• Asides from what you specifically like, you're saying that styles from back then are only acceptable, in well, those times it was well known or created? Levi jeans, denim vests, skinny jeans, cut leggings, high waisted bottoms and all are still in fad today when they all generally came from and started from the past. Know your fashion common sense. Any look can be acceptable at any year/generation so long as it isn't something irrelevant to a certain place. Not everyone will accept others looks

• That isn't the point. You say as if styles back then are only acceptable at the times they came to be which is obviously wrong because all of our clothes style generate from the past. Just like what we eat today

• What's food got to do with this? Yeah it's good to take from the past. But we can bury the 80s and do fashion a favor. Fashion and style aren't the same thing. Fashion can be cringe-worthy.

• Some girls can pull them off... I cannot. It's not my personal style, but I don't think negatively of anyone who does wear them.

• It depends on what kind of running shoes you're wearing and how the jeans look. Sometimes it looks fine together , other times it can look weird.