Do guys like short girls? I hate being short?

I'm 4'10" and 99lbs and 17 years old and I hate being short! I get called cute. I don't wanna be cute. I'm in 11th grade and some guys look down at me more than my 5'11" friend. Even this 6'7" guy ignored my friend and finds me cute and attractive. Please! First of all, I'm not SHORT, second, I'm not cute and third I have a boyfriend. I thought guys like the tall girls. What's so great about being a 4'10" young woman anyways.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with short girls.

Guys actually don't like to date girls who are taller than them. It just looks weird in public. That means you have the pick of virtually any man out there because they won't be taller than you.

When I started dating, the girls were all around my height. I slowly moved to shorter and shorter girls until I met my fiancée who's 4'9". Yeah, she kind of looks like a high school student even though she's 28. It doesn't help that she's a high school teacher because most of the kids are bigger than her. I also get ID'd at the liquor store when she is with me, as if I'm giving alcohol to a 12 year old. But hey, embrace your youthful look.

What Guys Said 4

• What is the definition of short? I mean I didn't feel my wife was tall and she was 5'8 or 5'9" anyone up to 6' is ok by me. But she must be shorter then me. I am not looking up into her eyes...

• It isn't about height, its about proportions. While men do generally prefer girls shorter than themselves it is secondary to the body shape when it comes to physical attraction. The main reason taller women may be fairly popular with guys is less to do with sheer height and more that they could be leggier.

I'm a little confused as to what your problem with the situation is, though. Do you not want them to find you attractive, or do you just find the constant attention irritating?

• I'm flattered about being attractive, but being short sucks. I wish I was like 5'6" to 5'9". Tall girls have it lucky.

• i like girls of all various heights , that's not something I would not want to date a girl cause of

• short girls are quite fine. I'm a short guy so you would be fine to me

What Girls Said 2

• you just said some tall guy finds you cute and ignored your tall friend. you obviously have a lot of confidence.

• Are you serious? Most guys want shorter girls why do all girls want to be taller its not fun I promise.

• I think she may be bragging

• What's so bad about being a tall girl?

• I thought you were tigermax. There's nothing wrong with being tall. Some guys prefer tall and some prefer short. A girls face and body are going to be more important though.