Why do girls not like the body builder type?

i dont see what is wrong with a guy that works out, like if he had no ego and acted like he had no muscles you would not give him a chance?

example

www.bing.com/.../search

how is that guy not a 10 i don't see it

Most Helpful Girl

• That guy you gave as an example has a really hot body and isn't what most girls think of when they think of body builders. Many think of the ones muscles and veins popping out all over the place. The ones whose body fat percentages are extremely low and their muscles stick out like they're going to burst from their skin. That looks disgusting.

What Girls Said 23

• For me, it's not so much that I don't find it attractive. If I see a guy who's really built and muscular, it's more of a turn-off due to his appearance being a high priority to him, as I know that maintencance of a muscular build usually requires many hours spent at the gym. If his appearance is a very high priority to him, from the guys that I know or have been with in the past he tends not to have much to talk about with me (or substance, for lack of a better word).

• i think that is stereotyping a lot of guys i powerlift will not stop talking about substances

• I mean "opinion"

• lol by substance i meant more along the lines of knowledge, or interests in things that i can relate to or have interest in. I think there is some truth to that stereotype, as I know many guys who fall into that 'meathead' category and they're super buff, always at the gym, etc.. I do realize that some guys are easier able to be buff and still smart and all. Just thought I'd give my two cents in answering the question. :)

• No, he's not a 10. He's like a 4 to me. His hair is fugly and his muscles creep me out. And yes, I agree with what pretty much most girls have said already. Guys who work out that much are just crazy in my opinion. They spend too much time at the gym, too much time fussing over how they look, too much time fussing over what they eat and don't eat, I don't know. It's like asking why most guys prefer dating girls who look natural, over girls who cake their face with makeup and spend tons of money on expensive clothes/jewelry/plastic surgery. Most girls prefer guys who don't look like that, because it's like they're more down to earth and not incredibly high maintenance. And yes, most guys who work out that much tend to become extremely self-absorbed and cocky. It's just not attractive to me.
    And it wouldn't surprise me if this guy is on steroids. Even less attractive. I want a guy who's fit for sure, but not to the point where he looks like he spends his entire life at the gym while chugging down protein shakes. Just ew.

• Zyzz was sexy when he was skinny and when he got buff, he was just one of those guys who was attractive regardless.

But I don't want to date any guy who could beat the shit out of me with his pinky. I don't know if its a self preservation thing, or what. I dated a guy like that ONCE he was as sweet as a teddy bear. But it sucked not being able to play fight and wrestle with him. Being picked up and what not is fun, but the size difference is still intimidating.

I'd rather go with an average/normal sized guy. I know I'd never be with anyone abusive, but still, I'd like to know I can defend myself, just incase. lol

• Because girls don't base their interest level on a body. Girls don't like body builder types because so many of them are douchebags. Regardless of whether or not it's true, when girls see somebody who clearly focuses the majority of their time on their body (far beyond just staying in shape), the assumption is that he is shallow, superficial, probably completely obsessed with "health" (aka which supplements to take and when, etc) and "fitness" (aka LEG DAY, ARM DAY, blah blah blah), and probably equally shallow and superficial about women's bodies. Most women have enough body image issues on their own that they don't need to date someone they feel like is constantly criticizing their body -- whether that fear is all in the chick's head or if the guy is actually doing it either implicitly or explicitly.

• Another good opinion. Then the solution is clear. Guys hide your muscles and only show it during sex. How's that?

• Goldcobra - Actually probably not a bad idea. Once she has a firm idea of his personality, body type won't change that.

Asker - your persistence on this topic and the aggressiveness with which you attack every opinion you dislike is evidence of your obsession. Let it go, man.

Let me put it like this...

Men look at a woman and objectify her.
      Women look at a man and personify him.

Women look at a man, how he looks, how he carries himself, etc, and draw conclusions about the type of person he is and what his personality is like. We have to like those conclusions to be attracted to the guy in a way where we'd actually be interested in dating him or anything.

• Lots of girls do actually. But obviously for both sexes, it's not just the outer appearance and body type, its the personality that makes you stay.

• I'm going to be judgmental now but hear me out. Pretty much the majority of built guys that I know personally are VERY cocky, arrogant and self entitled. They obsess over themselves, think all girls will bend over backwards because of their body and walk around like those guys from Jersey Shore. Am I saying ALL built guys are like that? No. But from experience, to date all the built guys I've had to do with were all arrogant and full of themselves. Also secondly, the appearance of lots of muscles are just not attractive looking to me from a visual point of view. For some girls it might look sexy for me, not so much. That guy you linked just oozes arrogance and I can tell he thinks he's God's gift to mankind. I'm not into guys like that and as I said, the physical appearance of it doesn't excite me.

• This guy looks like he puts way too much attention to his looks : too much gel hair, too much forced tan, too much ego. It sends a strong message : 'I like my body, I worked for it, and I can't help but showing and looking at my big muscles in the mirror'. I know is a stereotype, but that's the first impression it gives.
    It's fine to be proud of your muscles because you worked hard for it, but balance is key.
    I'd rather date someone with less muscles, but who got those muscles by doing sports and enjoying it.

• I don't know its just too much… it almost looks fake… [i know its not]

I don't know, never been a fan. i like a guy with muscle but this just makes his form look different altogether… like in order to get a bod like that, would he even have much of a life outside the gym? it seems like a bit of a mess up of priorities to me. so apart from his looks, it turns me off that he is obsessed over his weight…

• Yeah, I also don't agree he's really hot. Too much muscle and you turn from being hot to being not so hot and scary. Plus most women like relaxed kinda guys - usually guys who put that much effort into their image will demand the same and more from you and that's a no, no.

Personally, I'm more into a lean, healthy, athletic-like kinda body than those muscular things got after spending every day/night at the gym working out in front of the mirror and by eating just protein for X months...
    Think that, unlike men, woman like their men more natural. Maybe that's just me though.

• He isn't the body builder BULKY type though. I know another guy Mark Fitt that is very fit and am into that type as well. That Zyzz guy's face isn't attractive to me.
    www.google.com/search

• finally a woman that appreciates the male body i swear most women bullshit so much about this stuff

• That's actually what my body looks like :)

• If a guy wants to get big like that why not, just like if a girl wants to get a bigger butt why not. As long as it doesn't look odd in all, make sure your body look even. :) Everything is fine without over doing it.

• He actually has attractive face which is a big plus. It's not my ideal body type and I'm not into tattoos but I'd def date him. He's attraative and muscles still look normal. What most girls mean when they say they don't like body builders is this us.cdn281.fansshare.com/.../...zyzz-1551095732.jpg

• Its not physically attractive, especially when its to the point that you can tell they take steroids.

• so you look for weak betas?

• Sorry, I was replying to the asker, I should probably start putting tags to who I'm talking to, lol. My girlfriend would say the same thing.

• Omg! I thought you were the asker. I'm so sorry :(
      I was like why is this little boy trying to educate me? I'm sorry Rail2k!

• I can say what I do like and it's soccer players' bodies <3

• It is because he looks like he is into himself. A lot of girls don`t like that.

• why can't a guy be into himself?

• It is good to be confident but it is unattractive to spend most of the day gawking over your good looks. It is annoying. He just looks like the type of guy that would do that.

• Because it is not natural. It seems like coming from movie scene. We are just human beings with simple desires.

• It's not that he's unattractive. It's just that most guys like that do have an ego and they spend a ridiculous amount of time obviously having to upkeep that physique.

• it only takes 30 mins a day for his body

• Says the under 18 kid. No adult with a full time desk job is going to have a body like that on 30 minutes of exercise a day.

• oh it was steroids for a fact, it's all over the internet haha

• Because they look to muscular that it looks unnatural. I like muscular but seeing a guy worked out till all his veins are popping out or close to it, that's not the muscular type guy I'm looking at.

• i just don't find it physically attractive

• So u don't find 6 pack abs and broad shoulders and big arms and huge pecs and massive thighs and a toned ass attractive?

• Six pack abs, broad shoulders, big arms, huge pecs, massive thighs, and a toned ass... that just sounds disgusting.

Alpha males are males dominant in their environment, and in our environment that means the rich and powerful, not the people with the biggest muscles. Even then, girls are human beings not animals, so using animal dominance doesn't really work...

• i just never found muscles interesting. gingerrr is right, most of my lovers were skinny and sometimes toned. i guess i like that. i care far more about face when it comes to physical attraction.
      like rail2k says, being bulky doesn't make you a winner in today's society.

• That guy is way too big.

• I prefer just normal size

• Of course you choose the answer that agrees with you as most helpful lmao. I'm sorry, but I don't want to cut myself on my boyfriend, thanks.

• There is such a thing as too much muscle. It looks unnatural and weird, like a joke.
    As for the photo you included, he doesn't seem to be TOO big but he does look douchey... not my type, haha!

• that guy is a prime example of a butterface you can really tell from his before pics too

• The guy you posted is attractive (though his hair is horrible), the problem is that's not the body I think of when someone says "body builder". This is what I think of when I hear that term. www.google.com/search That's just too much steroid-induced muscle for me.

What Guys Said 13

• It's often 'too far' for many girls... they like muscle but not too much. Some girls do go for the bodybuilder look although others see many negatives, especially the hours of time in gyms and steroids guys use to get to that stage... I mean Zyzz was younger than me when he died of a heart attack, I think some girls would stress about that kind of stuff.

• Consider that he was famous, and that he had good facial features... and to you he got 'the hottest women'. Again that's all opinion, of course there will be those who are and aren't attracted to him. Do you think one person is universally attractive to everyone though? Nuhuh, as I mentioned in another comment, do you see every bodybuilder getting the same praise or attention as Zyzz? For one thing they tend to date other fitness models, it makes sense since they live the same lifestyles and do the same jobs plus it's how they'd meet. Everyday women don't operate the same.

• You don't see it because you're not a girl, you're never going to know what the other sex is attracted to other than by what they tell you and by norms. Being fit and toned is one thing but the guy in that picture is definitely overdone, those giant muscles can come off as disgusting to a lot of girls.

I know my girlfriend wouldn't like that, though she's put off by big muscles more than most I think.

• what girl would not want some protection those lean skinny guys won't protect shit

• Im bi-sexual, pretty sure im certified to answer this

• Not really, you may be attracted to guys but your attraction is different from girls. You're both attracted to males, but most likely in a different way.

• Because women find power attractive. To a point being fit and muscular is consequently a big plus. But attempting to get ahead by being sexually desirable is seen as feminine and a little weak. Women dream about celebrities and athletes (who are fit, rich and popular). They don't drool the way men do over strippers or unknown models, because those guys have a low status in the world.

That said, some girls do like pretty big muscles - more girls like it then guys who have it, so if its the look you like and you can get it safely, have fun. You just don't need to be that big to attract women.

• Because brute strength is overrated. Neanderthals were way stronger than humans and they went extinct.

• The truth is that these guys don't spend all day at the gym. Maybe two hours, max., a day. I don't know where these cats are getting their info from.

• because some guys overdo it. Most girls here and elsewhere like a toned guy though

• overdoing it is like where you are 2% body fat i don't see what is wrong with being a beef cake

• If you're a "beef cake" you're overdoing it. 2% body fat is just freaking insane and on a whole different level.

• Zyzz was also famous and had facial features women like... you could have all the muscle in the world but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I don't really hear women gushing over say, Jay Cutler.

• Because 9 times out of 10 it does come with an ego attatched and the guy usually has "small dick syndrome" and is trying to prove his masculinity in other ways. It's often a sign of being insecure and thats a massive turn off.

• anything to the extreme is not good.

• Rip Zyzz !!!

• Are the women on G@g actually not attracted to Zyzz on here?

That guy got the HOTTEST women! This is classic woman behavior.
    Don't judge what they say, judge on their behavior.

• 4 neg votes by women?
      show us what you find attractive then ladies

• @celestialdaeva so what makes you attracted to your current bf, since he is unemployed atm it wouldn't be for his money.

• @Boba many hot chicks get with douche bags because they're douche bags themselves. IT isn't rocket science. I don't understand why some of you guys don't understand this concept. If a girl is dating a guy who is an asshole, it is safe to assume that she's an asshole herself. Or are you men just blinded by big, tits, cute, faces, and small waists so much so that you can't see when a chick is clearly a dick wad?

• Because women don't want to date a guy who spends as much time fussing over how he looks as she does.

• dude bodybuilders will throw a wife beater on and walk out the door

• celestial, I feel your struggle. I just can't seem to figure out which of the 4 holes is meant for my head. :/

• Oh yeah, I must have been thinking of the wrong gender when I was talking about the one who typically spends an hour getting ready to leave the house everyday.

• Do you know where the weight room is?

• How many hours a week does he spend doing pointless weight lifting to get that big? A great many i would wager. Unless he is a professional that needs to be that big its simply a time drain and not the best indicator of being a fun person.

• most powerlifters workout for 30 mins a day

• 1277 hours a year lifting weights... and most have to maintain that to stop the weight dropping off. It's an insecurity thing too. Men think it gives them an appearance of confidence but it does the opposite effect. Most body builders i see are utter wimps that build big to never be in conflict. Taken too many of these men down because lifting dead weight does not give true strength it just gives lifting strength.

• sorry 182 hours a year lol.