The difference between cute and hot - what if someone is in the middle?

Guys, how would you define someone who's cute as opposed to someone who is hot?

(By 'someone' I mean a girl/woman.)

Is there an in between or someone who's both, and how do you recognize those girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hot, I want to rip her clothes off.

Cute, I want to hold, squeeze, hug her for awhile. Then rip her clothes off.

What Guys Said 10

• "Pretty" = physically attractive.

"Beautiful" = attractive, but usually in a more serious or profound way. Often implies an emotional element.

"Cute" = attractive, but with an innocent (or perhaps youthful) quality.

"Hot" = attractive, but in a more overly sexual way, and may be more about the body than the face.

I think most guys would describe a girl like you're talking about as "really pretty" or "fine" will use a sentence or two to describe her, rather than just a single word.

• When I think a girl is cute, it's usually more "face" and how she is as a person, like the things she does or says. But also cute girls are usually smaller or shyer. Cute girls are usually the girls that aren't sleeping with like ten different guys. When a girl is hot, it's more body and face, like do she got that booty, or nah. For a girl to be in between, she'd have to have like a really cute face, but a really hot body. And also some guys like being called cute. I for one love it when a girls says I'm really cute, or when I do something cute and she says awwwww that's so cute. I think the reason some guys like/don't like to be called cute is because different guys have different intentions. I guess guys think that if a girl calls you cute, then she's probably thinking you're a good guy who isn't just trying to fuck her and move on, like this guy talkin about wet puppies.

• Wow that is a hard one to answer... because there really is no answer for it.
    Cute girls can also be hot.
    Usually the "hot" girls you are talking about is someone that is just jaw dropping beautiful.
    there are women that are cute.. that if they put on some makeup and a different outfit they become "hot"
    There really is little difference because after first attraction it is all about you as a person so it really doesn't matter...

• Cute: you want to just look at her talk, hold her, hug her.
    Hot: you cannot resist thinking how she would be in bed.

• For me, cuteness lies in sweetness of her talk; and smiling face.
    But, hotness is what i really want to get naked with her at the first moment i see.
    Cuteness is something really worthy in day routines while hotness is what we want during nighty night :D

• Cute: Cute face
    Hot: Hot body
    Someone in between would be... I guess someone that's kinda cute and kinda hot.

• I believe there are girls who are both at once. I also based this on how the look most of the time, since when dressed a certain why one can go from cute to sexy and vice versa. Sorry about no links, I do not have that much time to go through and find a pic or two, plus typing or copying the name into Google will do and you will see more pictures of them there. You should know most of the people already anyway.

Sexy: Amanda Heard, Blake Lively, Demi Lovato, Dita Von Teese, Elizabeth Gillies, Erin Andrews, Eva Mendes, Hayden Panettiere, Holly Willoughby, Katy Perry, Jessica Lowndes, Jessica Simpson, Kat Dennings, Kate Upton, Kim Novak, Kelly Brook, Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Sofia Vergara, Yvonne Strahovski

Cute: Alia Bhatt, Carly Rae Jespen, Caroline Sunshine, Ellen Page, Emma Watson, Jennette McCurdy, Lindsey Stirling, Mary Pickford, Miranda Cosgrove, Reese Witherspoon Sarah Hyland, Stefanie Scott, Zooey Deschannel

Both: Alex Morgan, Amy Adams, Ariana Grande, Dianna Argon, Frankie Sandford, Hayley Williams, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Alba, Julie Bowen, Kate Middleton, Karen Gillian , Katharine Mcphee, Katharine Jenkins, Lea Michele, Leighton Meester, Mila Kunis, Taylor Swift, Viven Leigh

• if you're a guy, you dont want to be called cute. It's what girls call wet puppy dogs... not fuck buddies

• Yes, this is another thing I was wondering about... Why IS this? When I call a guy 'cute' I mean boyfriend material...

• they both mean the same thing to me its just whats easier to say, even with the words beautiful or gorgeous etc when referring to a "attractive" girl

What Girls Said 2

• I wonder about this too. I feel like "cute" can depend on the facial structure, the girl's style, and I feel like a lot of "cute" girls are relatively small and on the skinnier side. I think a "hot" girl is someone with good proportions and curves and really well done hair. That's another thing--I think short hair makes someone a LOT more likely to fall into the "cute" category, and long hair that's been done well is more likely to classify someone as "hot".
    I don't know, those are just the impressions I get.

• Yes here is a picture of someone cute
    d02.res.meilishuo.net/.../...f8791401_798_798.jpeg

And this is someone Hot

xaxor.com/.../Kate-Upton-hot-pics-mix4.jpg

and yes there are some lolita girls who wear frills and show of cleavage so yes